Joomla VirtueMart Marketplace Braintree Payment Gateway:
Joomla VirtueMart Marketplace Braintree Payment Gateway is a remarkable add-on. This Payment gateway consist of split payment functionality thus sellers of your marketplace get their funds very easily. Now buyers will not be redirected to any other site while making their payment. In addition to this admin can hold and release the fund of seller with respect to a particular order.
- Bothe the payment modes sandbox and production are available.
- Provides split payment functionality for Marketplace seller products.
- Braintree front-end component view is provided, i.e there would be “Braintree Registration” tab in the main menu so that sellers can provide their specific funding details for Braintree Marketplace payment gateway.
- Admin needs to provide Master merchant’s id from his Braintree merchant account, which will be treated as administrator.
- Payment funds can be hold by the admin of the marketplace through the “Hold in Escrow” option provided in payment plug-in.
- For Releasing the funds from Escrow Admin need to provide an Order Status from payment plug-ins configuration, which will be used to release funds.
- For using this payment gateway by the customers Minimum and Maximum transaction amount can be set by the admin.
FLOW OF INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
Browse the Braintree Marketplace zip file then upload and install.
Click on “Menus” then hover on “Main Menu” and click on “Add new menu item”.
Click on new to create a new menu item.
Here you need to select the “menu item type” which is “Braintree Marketplace”.
Now click on VirtueMart then move to “Payment Methods” in the drop-down click it in order to create a new payment method “Braintree Marketplace”.
Here Create a new payment method.
This is payment method “Configuration”. While completing the configuration you need to enter the API keys and Merchant Id, to get all these you need to log-in into the Braintree website and follow the steps as mentioned in the images.
Now you need to log-in into your Braintree account to get the details.
Click on “View Authorizations”.
Here you can get the Merchant Id, Sandbox/Production Private Key and Sandbox/Production Public Key.
Now after all set-up admin can use the unique feature ” Hold and Release Fund”, for this admin can go to the site back-end then Virtuemart- order page and can synchronize the order status to match with ” Hold and Release order status” if admin wants to release the fund of seller(s) against a particular order.
Please Note: It can only happen if and only if – ” Hold in Escrow” is “Yes”
Front-end View “Braintree Marketplace Registration Form”
This is one of the most important step, here while registration seller(s) has to select the “Braintree Funding Type” out of three available types Bank account/ Registered mobile number/ Registered email id. According to the funding type funds will be credited to the seller’s account.
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Joomla 3.x, VM 3.0 and MP 5.0