Joomla Virtuemart USPS Shipment:
Joomla Virtuemart USPS Shipment allows you to integrate your Virtuemart store with the USPS shipping services. It is a most reliable and the trusted shipping services across the US. It provides various facility to your customers, one of them is the tracking deliveries using the tracking number provided.USPS methods are available for both domestic and international customers.
- Admin can select USPS services to be available for the shopper from available services.
- Admin can set service request type, API request only make for the services selected by admin
- Admin can set various USPS fields such as Container, Size, Machinable etc.
- Admin can select USPS operation mode, use as only Rate calculator or also generate labels and can also select option to request pickup
- Admin can select order status on which Label and Pickup request is generated.
- Admin can select order status to cancel pickup request.
- Admin can apply various validations such as minimum/maximum weight, countries, minimum/maximum cart amount on which USPS shipment will be available.
- Provide option to define services belongs to Domestic or International.
- Provide option to set the condition based on zip code ranges and a number of products in the cart.
- Please Note: ‘NO POSTAGE LABEL API’ is now discontinued by USPS. Therefore, currently you can’t generate label and tracking id, using this addon, Please go through the USPS Official Release
- Need proper configuration of the plugin. For example: if the service type is set to All then if container set to flat rate box will give an error. similarly, there is a dependency of one field on other. For reference, please
Refer to USPS
- Currently, USPS only provide pickup services for priority, express, international, retail, ground/parcel services for reference please refer API PDF
- USPS strictly validate address for pickup request so TO and FROM address must be correct.
- USPS does not provide sandbox API for pickup request, hence even in the sandbox, pickup request is live.
- Please cancel the pick-up request in case of sand-box mode, otherwise your USPS account may be blocked by USPS.
FLOW OF INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
Browse the ‘Joomla Virtuemart USPS Shipment’ zip file and then upload and install.
Click on Virtuemart “Shipment Methods” and then create a new shipment method.
Now, enter the shipment information of new shipment method.
Next one, is the configuration of the shipment method.
Please Note: This is a sample configuration of one of the USPS service, each USPS service has different configuration. Admin has to take care of configuration part and have to match compatibility with the service from back-end while creating a new USPS shipping service.
NOTE: Just an example if admin didn’t match the compatibility of the particular USPS service along with its configuration in the back-end then on the cart page an error message would appear with the corrective action that admin has to take. For more details please have a look USPS
FRONT-END VIEW & ORDER TRACKING NUMBER
This is the front-end view i.e. on the cart page buyer can select the shipment service.
Now, this the last step, here you can see the tracking number of the shipment, for that go to VM orders and then click on any order shipped through USPS and you can see the Tracking Number in the shipment detail area.
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Joomla 3.x ; Virtuemart 3.x