Joomla Virtuemart Product Custom Filter:
Joomla Virtuemart Product Custom Filter is a wonderful addon, this will add some great features to your VirtueMart store with the help of which buyer can easily search what exactly he/she is looking. This addon consists of three major filters – category( primary filter), Manufacturer and price filter, along with two advanced filters for custom fields and our extension, Joomla Virtuemart Marketplace Custom Attribute(if installed).By using this product user can easily filter out their desired result.
It is easy to use by shoppers due to the feature of dynamic update of the module which changes product count based on active filters and displays only fields that have products. For example: If there is no product in red color then the red color is not displayed under the color filter.
- The admin can enable/disable any of the filters.
- Store admin can set position of every filter (for example categories on top followed by manufacturer and then price filter)
- Admin can set whether to show product count or not, separately for each filter (for example, show product count on categories but not with manufacturers).
- Admin can set whether to convert custom field/attribute values to color representations or not(example: black will be displayed as black circle)
- Admin can set the number of products on a page.
- Filters(product count and availability of filter) will be updated after each selection based on active filters(for example: if category cloth is selected then product count(in custom field/attribute/manufacture) is displayed according to category cloth).
- Categories displayed as a tree, child categories can be collapsed also if there is no product in a category it will not clickable.
- A user can only select single category whereas can select other filters in multiple modes. For example category ‘ monitor’ with custom field color value set to ‘black’ and ‘blue’.
- Dynamic module update based on active filters.
- An option to convert color values of custom fields to respective colors.
- Store admin has control over how to filter products, admin can set request mode to Ajax or HTTP as per requirement. Further admin can also set whether filter product on click of each filter or show apply button so that user can select filters and then click on apply at last.
FLOW OF INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
Browse the ‘Joomla Virtuemart Product Custom Filter’ zip file and then upload and install.
Now, click on the button as shown in the below image to go to the module.
Click to publish.
This is module setting.
Then menu setting.
Next, General Filter setting.
Recommendation: If you choose sales price in “General Filter Setting” then either select tax/discount to no rule or select tax or discount rule, avoid(“Apply Default Rules” and “Apply Generic Rules”).
Also, all the products on which price is not set at Virtuemart end will not be filtered out while using Price filter.
This is, Custom Filter setting.
If Custom Attributes is enabled, then it will come under custom filter setting
And at last after successful installation and setting this would be the front end view, so when your buyers try to find specific product results on your store this product custom filter will help a lot.
This image is showing the case when there is no match found with the applied filter(s)
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Joomla 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x