This article will be very helpful if you want to know about the changes in Akeneo 4.0.x. With this article, you will also learn How to Install Akeneo 4.0.x and Data Migration between Akeneo 3.0.x and 4.0.x.
Akeneo is an open-source Product Information Management solution provider organization. It is created in 2013 in Nantes by a Franco-American team and based in Nantes, Boston, and Dusseldorf.
Akeneo is the most used open-source PIM solution in the World. There are 60k companies over the Globe managing Product Information using Akeneo.
Akeneo started as an open-source PIM solution provider. They have also the enterprise edition of the Akeneo solution. It is famous among all the PIM because of its organizability functionalities.
Akeneo is one of the best PIM because of having various functionalities.
Akeneo Company ? Read More
- Centralizing the data.
- Workflow Management
- Multi-channel configuration
- Multilingual Data
- Product Experiment Management
- Data consistency
Webkul is one of the best Akeneo solution providers in the World. It has the largest number of Akeneo connectors available for various eCommerce frameworks and it is expanding day by day.
Akeneo 4.0: Long Time Support(LTS) And Improved PIM
Akeneo 4.0 is the Long Term Support (LTS) version of Akeneo. This version of Akeneo will be supported for 18 months until July 2021. The enhancement in version 4.0 applied to both the Akeneo community as well as the Enterprise edition of Akeneo.
The previous Long Term Support (LTS) version of the Akeneo was Akeneo 3.0.x.
Akeneo 4.0 came with major changes in Asset Manager, Data Quality Insights, Connections, Franklin Insights, PIM Performance, and Continuous Delivery.
The enhancement in the Asset Manager is only applicable to the Akeneo enterprise edition. This Asset Manager is an essential ingredient of eCommerce to popularise and gain the attention of the customer.
When such type of digital media aspects is huge and large, required systematic structure to keep digital assets organized and centralized so they can be located more easily and used appropriately from everywhere.
Thus Digital asset management comes and is utilised especially among B2B and large businesses to store and retrieve assets from various channels.
Akeneo 4.0 comes with a lot of changes in the Asset Manager.
- Now the user can define the asset family and add the asset to the product in the bulk by using Asset Manager.
- Now the user can connect third-party media in Akeneo using API.
- In this, Akeneo added the asset library for better searching and visualizing the assets.
- Automatically link assets to products with product link Rules.
- Now the user can add the asset name and description in contextualizing forms.
- Asset permission
- Asset Mass upload
Data Quality Insights
This Data Quality Insights feature is only available in the Akeneo Enterprise Edition.
Product data quality always plays a crucial role to represent the data in a proper manner. It helps the merchants to stay in business and is a key feature for the eCommerce marketplace.
With this feature, you can check the product quality and ensure a great product experience.
- You can check product consistency and measure product quality.
- You can detect poor data quality and improve it.
This connection feature is applicable for both the Akeneo Community and Enterprise editions. The new connection features allow you to connect the ERP system, DAM, eCommerce store, Marketplace, and Cloud system.
All your connections will be in one place. You can easily monitor all of your connections. You can connect third-party applications with Akeneo API.
Franklin Insights Enhancement
This Franklin Insights feature is only available in the Akeneo Enterprise Edition. Franklin Insights is an Enterprise Feature in Akeneo. It provides the feature of the product data intelligence assistant.
Now in Franklin Insights, you can map the attributes. You can also check how many attributes are mapped or not.
There are a lot of changes made by Akeneo in the code as well as support features in Akeneo 4.0.x. You will learn more about Akeneo 4.0.x installation here.
In the Akeneo 4.0.x, Akeneo improved the API and CSV/XLSX speed for faster product import/export.
Import Performances –
- Akeneo has improved the products import via API 2 times faster.
- Akeneo has improved the products model import via API 2 times faster.
- Improved the products import via CSV 4 times faster.
- Improved the products import via CSV 2 times faster.
Export Performances –
- Akeneo has improved the products export via API 30% faster than Akeneo 3.2.x.
- Akeneo has improved product export via CSV 2 times faster than Akeneo 3.2.x.
Akeneo 4.0.x set Elasticsearch 7.5 as the minimal requirement. Elasticsearch is an open-source, RESTful, and distributed search engine. It is a document-oriented database designed to manage semi-structured data.
Elasticsearch has its own domain-specific language that specifies the queries in the JSON format.
Akeneo which is based on the PHP and MySQL database sets PHP 7.3 as the minimal requirement for Akeneo 4.0.x version. Here are some benefits of PHP 7.3.
- Flexible Heredoc and Nowdoc Syntax
- PCRE2 Migration
- Multiple MBString Improvements
- LDAP Controls Support
- Improved FPM Logging
- Windows File Deletion Improvements
- Several Deprecations
Akeneo 4.0.x supports the MySQL 8 database. You can also learn “How to take Akeneo Database Backup” here.
Here are some changes in MySQL 8:
- Data dictionary
- Atomic data definition statements
- Security and account management
- Resource management
- Table encryption management
To know how to do the data migration between Akeneo 3.0.x to 4.0.x please read the article.