Akeneo Backup Management: This module allows the store owner to take the backup of the database and assets and restore the backup files for the website. The store owner can create a backup of two types namely – Assets Backup and Database Backup. Using the assets backup the store owner can create a backup for media files, PDF, docs, etc. The database backup allows the backup of product information, customer information, etc.
- This module works with Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x. Download Akeneo from here
- Node and Yarn packages need to be installed.
- This module is compatible with the Akeneo community and Enterprise(Flexibility) edition.
- If you want to use this extension on Akeneo EE Serenity mode, please contact us.
- For the Akeneo installation, your Akeneo server should meet these system requirements.
- Create a backup profile and take a backup of the database and assets.
- Track the backup process.
- Add a backup in cron job by using Akeneo Cron Scheduler.
- Restore old backup (database, assets).
Please follow the below steps for installing the Akeneo Backup Management Connector module in your Akeneo PIM platform.
- Unzip the respective extension zip then merge the “src” folder into the Akeneo project root directory.
Goto app/AppKernel.php then add the following line in function registerProjectBundles()
Goto app/config/routing.yml then add these lines at top of the file
You have to navigate first to Akeneo installation directory (Ex: cd /opt/bitnami/apps/akeneo/htdocs). After SSH, you have to run the command to your Akeneo server by the terminal.
rm -rf ./var/cache/** && php bin/console pim:install:asset --env=prod && php bin/console assets:install web --symlink --relative --env=prod && yarn run webpack && php bin/console d:s:u --force
Common Issues After Installation
It might happen that even after proper installation, upon opening your Akeneo admin dashboard, you see a loading screen. In that case, do check for the following solution:
- Webpack Installation: If you get the below error
It means that a web pack is not installed in your system. Run the following command
npm install --save-prod webpack npm install
- Module routing.yml is not configured properly. Re-check the routing.yml file as mentioned in the 3rd step of Module Installation
- Clear your browser cache.
After successfully installing the module in Akeneo, you will see the backup manager connector icon in Akeneo from the bottom left as shown below.
With the help of this module, you can do two things:
- Backup Configuration:- In this, you can take the backup of the database and assets.
- Restore Backup:- In this, you can restore old backup files like the database and assets.
Admin can configure database backup by navigating to Akeneo Backup Managment>>Backup Configuration.
Then you can add new backup by clicking on New Backup.
After that add the backup code after that click on the Save button.
Then after clicking on the save button, it will redirect to the new page where you need to select the backup type(database, assets), enter the internal path and enable or disable backup in Cron Job
After that click to the Save button. Then click on the Execute button.
Admin can restore the backup by navigating to Akeneo Backup Managment>>Restore Backup.
After that click on the Execute button to restore the old data.
This was all about the Akeneo Backup Management. I hope you must have the got the idea of our module. Thanks for taking the time in reading this blog. And also, please doesn’t forget to share your feedback and suggestions under the comment box given below.
Moreover, If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to add a ticket at our HelpDesk system.
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Akeneo 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x , 2.3.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x and 3.2.x