Prestashop Zipcode Wise Shipping : With the help of this module an incredible feature is added on the prestashop store. Now admin can manage shipping according to the zip code of buyers address. Admin can set impact price on the shipping amount based on the zip code. Buyer can see how the shipping amount fluctuates with the change in zip code. This addon also helps the admin to add several zip codes at a time via Csv upload of zip code list.
- Admin can set impact price on the existing shipping rates based on zip code for a particular zone/country
- Admin can set impact price on shipping rates either for a particular zip code or for a range of zip code
- Admin can select either to increase or decrease the impact price from the shipping price of the carrier.
- Admin can also select the Impact behaviour, that is, in case when more than one impact price is applying on one zip code which impact should be applicable
- Admin can select whether to apply maximum or minimum impact or combine the impacts in case when more than one impact price is applying on one zip code
- Admin can add tax on the impact price.
- Admin can view the list of impact prices created zip code wise.
- Buyer can view the shipping price according to the zip code of their delivery address.
- Admin can add upload various zip codes at a time through csv files and thus save time.
- After csv upload of zip codes, admin can view the list of zip codes added.
- Admin can download the csv file at any tile for any future Reference
Addition of Zipcodes by admin
Firstly, A new menu «Manage Zipcode wise Shipping» is added in the Shipping tab at the Backend.
Then, Click on Shipping -> «Manage Zipcode wise Shipping»
Here admin can add impact price according to zipcodes on the existing shipping carriers
Also, Admin can upload csv files for adding various zip codes at a time. A sample Csv file for uploading zip codes has been given with the addon. Admin can make changes on the sample Csv and enter data according to its requirement although the format of the csv does not change.
Futhermore, Admin needs to furnish information to add impact price on a shipping carrier.
For a Particular Zipcode
For a Zipcode Range
Uploading CSV file for Zipcodes
Admin’s Shipping settings have been configured as shown in the screenshot below, Suppose shipping for any zone is $10
- Shipping impact is selected for a particular zipcode
- Shipping impact type is Increase
- Shipping impact is selected for a zipcode range
- Shipping impact type is Increase
A list is displayed to the admin showing all the shipping impacts added.
Now for any impact price added , be it for a particular zipcode or for a range of zipcode, admin selects the Impact behaviour.
When zipcode of a particular buyers delivery address falls under several impact prices added, Admin can define whether the impact behaviour applicable will be maximum , minimum or combine
For a particular zipcode (10001 as in our example) there are two impacts available
Admin selects «Minimum Impact Price» in the Impact behaviour field. So in case when more than one impact price is available for a particular zipcode, the impact price with minimum value gets applied.
Admin selects «Maximum Impact Price» in the Impact behaviour field. So in case when more than one impact price is available for a particular zipcode, the impact price with maximum value gets applied.
Admin selects «Combined Impact Price» in the Impact behaviour field. So as a result when more than one impact price is available for a particular zipcode, the impact prices will be combined.
Suppose the admin levies a tax of 4% on the shipping on the existing carrrier.
Admin has added a zip code wise shipping impact price of $20 (increase) for a particular zip code (10001 as in this case).
So, the Normal Shipping price is 10 + 4% on 10 = $10.4
And the impact shipping price is 20 + 4% on 20= $20.8
Hence, Total shipping charged to a buyer whose delivery address zip code is 10001 will be 10.4 + 20.8 = $31.20
Note- Cart.php file has been overridden, for proper working of the module.
This is how admin can add impact price based on zipcodes of buyer’s delivery address.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at : http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x