Manage the security Roles easily in Odoo!
Odoo is a complete business package; thus, giving every user all rights is a major security threat. To perform any action in Odoo, it is appropriate to limit the rights of the users. Security roles determines how different individuals, such as salespeople, can access various types of documents. To monitor access to data, you can alter existing security roles, create new security roles, or adjust the security roles allocated to each user by the help of ‘Odoo User Security Roles’.
If you have a lot of employees then it will take lots of effort in giving access rights to all the users manually. ‘Odoo User Security Roles‘ lets you build different sets of user security roles. After configuring that, as per your business needs, you can delegate the roles to one or more users.
You may also describe the user access rules in Odoo by default. But, if you have many users then individually assigning access rights to each user is a hectic task. The module helps you to build the security roles so you can delegate the roles directly to the users.
- Admin can create multiple user roles in Odoo backend.
- He/she can define access rules in the created Security Roles.
- Admin can assign one or more Users to the Security Roles.
- He/she can create new users directly while assigning roles.
- User roles work as a user template.
- Admin can assign a role with a particular set of access rights to multiple users.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘security_user_groups’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘security_user_groups’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, login to the Odoo database and go to the ‘User Roles’ modules.
- Now, simply click on the create button and create the new role.
- Creating the role by adding the name and by defining the various access rights for the groups.
- Add the users for the role and after that click on the save button.
- Now, click on the users tab. Here, you can create new user by clicking on the create button and check the assigned roles of each user.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11