Login consist most often of a user name and password. The limitations that are set to control the users to access anothers account are mostly known as login restrictions. Granting access to all the users leads to more chaos. Having same access to every user depicts the lack of control and responsiblity. By granting limited access to user define their role more specifically and helps to carry out their responibilty more specifically.
Odoo user login restriction allows you to set certain set of conditions, if the users can fulfill any of the set condition, they can easily access their Odoo. It allows you to permit certain IP addresses by simply adding them in the odoo backend. It also allows some certain access rights groups to access your odoo. In the odoo user login restriction feature. You can also set total login tentatives and cooldown time until the login page is freezing due to incorrect login attempts.
- Enable login only via allowed IP addresses
- Set user access rights so that only users with those rights can log into your odoo.
- Set up a maximum number of allowed login attempts quickly.
- When login attempts exceed their full limit, the login page freezes.
- Set the time of cooldown in seconds to resume login page feature
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_user_login_restriction’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_user_login_restriction’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly login to the odoo database to use the restricted IP feature.
- Go to the settings tab to allow the IP or to use the module odoo user login restriction.
- Now, activate the developer mode on by simply clicking on the activate developer mode to check all the features of the module.
- Go to the technical tab and select the IP restrict settings.
- Set the allowed IP and allowed groups to access the login.
- If the user IP is not restricted in the IP restriction settings then this error will occur.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Odoo Company ? Read More
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13.0