In order to make things easier for the customer while placing the order at POS, it is important to know the choices of the customer. For instance- If customer places order for a Pizza, then counter boy may ask him “Sir, would you like to have extra cheese with the pizza” wherein customer will reply according to his taste and preferences. Odoo POS Forced Questions is the right way to let your customers add the “extra stuff” in the basic product.
Examining this situation, introducing you with our module Odoo POS Forced Questions which is used to ask multiple forced questions about the choice of customers like extra cheese, veg or non-veg, double or single toppings etc before adding the product in POS. Consequently, implementation of Odoo POS Forced Question will tell you about different tastes and preferences of the multiple customers.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_forced_question’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_forced_question‘.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- In Odoo POS Forced Question module, you can modify the answers even after adding the product to the cart
- Seller has the authority to change the question from the backend.
- The answer will be printed on the receipt (POS BOX and POS TICKET)
- The selected answer for the product will also save in backend.
Now let’s see after implementation how this module works.
When you will click the “Product” and it will ask your food choice like vegetarian or non-vegetarian etc.
Click on the next option to choose the “Dressings” and select the option according to your customer’s taste and preference.
Now jumping on to the next product, Click on “Cold Drinks” and the forced question window will display then choose options according to the customer’s likings.
Any modifications can be done in the answers even after submitting the choice. When you will click on “i” icon, a window of forced question will appear again which allows you to do necessary modifications in your orderline.
Receipt view with the forced questions.
If you want to create Question Groups from the backend, follow the path
Forced Questions>Question Groups>Create.
The selected question group will appear on the product form(refer the below screenshot).
All the selected answers are saved in the backend under “Extra Comments” subheading.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.2
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V12, V11 & V10