This guide describes the configuration and workflow for Odoo POS Order Customization. To know how to set up the configurations of Odoo POS Forced Questions, please refer to the User Guide for the base module.
According to research by Deloitte, “50% of consumers expressed interest in purchasing customized products or services.”
Each customer may have different choices. Generally, the customers look forward to multiple options while purchasing something.
When it comes to POS, generally cashier is not allowed to customize order according to the customer’s desire which causes less satisfaction. Odoo POS Order Customization is here to solve your problem; the module allows the cashier to customize the product/orders as per their customers wish. Moreover, the cashier can also charge some extra amount as per product customization.
Lets’ understand Odoo POS Order Customization with an example:
Suppose, you visit a restaurant and want to order a pizza but you like pizza with extra cheese and the restaurant doesn’t offer order customization. In such case, you are more likely to go for a restaurant which can offer you choice to customize your order as you want; like the veggies you want, extra cheese or not, and much more.
- The module lets POS users customize orders according to customers’ need and desire.
- A cashier can charge some extra amount as per order customization.
- The price of the product will be auto-adjusted on the basis of selected customization options.
- The selected customization options will display both on POS receipt or ticket as well.
- The selected customization options for the product will also be saved in the backend.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo POS Order Customization module From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_order_customization”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_order_customization”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Login to your Odoo database and then navigate to the POS module.
2. Now click on the ‘Configuration‘ tab and the select ‘Questions‘ menu.
3. Click on the ‘Create‘ button to create a new question.
(i) Add the name of question.
(ii) Use “Available In Question Groups” feature to add that question in any question group.
(iii) Add extra price for this customization.
4. Now navigate to create or configure the question group.
(i) Add name for question group.
(ii) In the “Forced Questions” tab by clicking on “Add line” more questions can be add in this question group.
5. Select any product you want to add to the questions while selling it in POS. After that, add the questions in ‘Question group‘ section
6. Resume a POS session and then click on any product which has question group. Now, it will ask you for customization along with their extra price. By clicking on the ‘i’ like icon, you can see the question group as well. Here, you can check the price without applying any customization.
7. Apply the customization and notice the increased price.
8. The Selected customization options for products is printed on the receipt.
9. Now go to orders in the back-end and select the customized order.
10. In order details in the ordered product; click on the product here you can extra comments.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at Support@webkul.com.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo POS V13, V12, V11, V10