A way to serve the demands quickly in Odoo POS!
Competition is everywhere, but when it comes to the business, there is excessive competition present out there, so generally, customers seek the stores where they can get the fastest service.
While managing a store, the cashier has to face several difficulties. One of them is creating/adding a new product during the running POS session. He/she needs to close the POS session and then will be able to create a new product from the back-end, which typically takes a bit longer.
Therefore, we have come up with the Odoo Create Product From POS module. Which facilitates you to create a new product directly from the POS running session. The POS user can add that product to the POS cart and validate the Order. Moreover, if a scanned barcode is not already present in the POS, a new product associated with that barcode can be created by the POS user. The module works with online as well as offline mode.
1. The Odoo create product from POS module allows the POS user to create new products in the running POS session.
2. The POS user can also directly add the newly created to the POS cart.
3. If a scanned barcode is not already present in the POS, a new product associated with that barcode can be created by the POS user.
4. The module works with online as well as offline mode.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo Create Product From POS module From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_create_product”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_create_product”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Initially, login to your Odoo database and navigate to the Point Of Sale app.
2. Then you can launch the POS session.
3. Now, the POS user can create a new product by clicking on the ‘Plus icon button’.
4. When you click on the Plus Icon Button, then a window appears where you can add the details of the product. ‘In basic details’,
- Enter the name of the product.
- Add the sales price of this product
- enter the product barcode.
5. Moreover, in ‘Advance Details’
- Select the product type.
- Add the cost price of this product.
- You can assign the product to a particular POS category & add the internal reference to it.
6. Then you will see two option in the down
- ‘Create Product’ clicking this option a product will be created and later on you can see the product in the product list.
- ‘Create & Add Product’ by clicking this you can create and add this product to the cart at the same time.
7. Here the new product has been created and also added in the POS cart.
8. The newly created product from the running POS session will also be saved in Odoo backend. So that you could use it in the future.
Also Read The User Guide For The Other Modules
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11