Note: The User Guide describes the workflow of Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager only. To know how the base module: Odoo Website Advertisement Manager & Odoo Multi-Vendor Marketplace works; kindly refer to the User Guide Of Odoo Website Advertisement Manager & Odoo Multi-Vendor Marketplace.
Advertisements on a marketplace are the new trend of promoting products innovatively. The attractive images in these ads instantly drive customer’s attention and increase your website’s traffic. This huge popularity of ads gives you an amazing chance to fill your wallets more than usual!! To make your website’s white space profitable, Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager Module enables you to host advertisements on your marketplace website by selling these ad spaces to your customers.
Selling ad space of your website to your sellers and customers can lead you to generate immense profits other than product sales. This module makes your wish come true and helps you to take your ad business to a new level. You can sell ad spaces at any price as per the display positions on the Marketplace website. Odoo Marketplace advertisement manager provides you a user-friendly interface from where you can manage the entire process of advertisements from the backend.
- The module allows you to provide panels to a seller located at different positions of the website where they can place their products for advertisement.
- You can set the price per day for every advertisement position.
- Sellers and customers can purchase the advertisement display positions according to the availability.
- A date range is selected for advertisement to be displayed and make payment accordingly.
- Customers can only add Banners on the advertisement position booked by them.
- Sellers can add Products and banner as per their choice on the advertisement position booked.
- The sellers are allowed to add only their own products advertisement products added by the sellers in the product carousel.
- The Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager module allows you to add any product in the product carousel.
- You can view all the advertisement orders in one place form the backend.
- The module enables you to select the maximum number of products to be shown in the product carousel according to the ad-block position.
- You can configure whether to allow/disallow the product carousel for each position from the backend.
- The module allows you to configure the auto-approval settings for the products and banner added in the block content.
- You are in charge to publish/unpublish the advertisements displayed on the website.
- You can view the list of customers and sellers who have purchased the advertisement blocks.
- The advertisement products added by the sellers can be approved/denied or deleted by you as per your wish.
- A mail will be sent to the customer and seller on the approval of block content.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘marketplace_advertisement_manager’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘marketplace_advertisement_manager’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Configuration By Admin
- Once the installation is finished, login as admin and follow the path Configuration>> Settings.
- After that, under the ad-block settings, enable the ad-block approval for automatic-approval to the advertisement.
Purchasing Ad Block from the frontend
Since the seller and a customer both can buy the ad blocks, here are the steps on how they can buy the advertisement block on your Odoo Marketplace website.
- Visit the home page of the Marketplace. After that, at the bottom, click on the ‘Advertisement Blocks‘ as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select the display position you wish to buy to display the product ad on the Marketplace.
- After choosing the display position, a popup will appear named the Book Advertisement Block. Select the date range and click on the ‘Add to Cart‘ button to proceed with the further process.
- After that, the checkout page will appear. Click on ‘Process Checkout‘.
- Complete the payment process and the order will be completed.
Approval process of the Ad block from backend
The approval can only be given by the admin. So login as admin and follow the steps below.
Odoo Company ? Read More
- Click on the advertisement tab and select ‘Ad Orders‘.
- After that, you can see the list of orders and select the order you wish to process further.
- Click on ‘Confirm‘ button to confirm the order and the sales order will be created.
- After that, click on ‘Create Invoice‘. The invoice is generated on the seller’s/customer’s end.
- After that, visit the ad blocks option form the advertisement tab.
- Here, you will see the list of Ad blocks provided by you. They are color-coded according to the availability. As a result, any other seller/customer who bought the same display position will automatically display their advertisement on the date selected by them.
- After that, click on the ad block recently confirmed. Therefore, you can move towards further process.
- As a result, you can see the details of the seller/customer using the display position for the ad. You can even edit from your side.
- Removing the tick from the checkbox of global sign will immediately remove the ad from the front-end.
Uploading the banner and product link from frontend
Now, after approving the order from backend, the seller or a customer can upload the banner and product link from their profile at the website’s frontend. For that, follow the steps below.
- Now check the ad blocks option under my account tab.
- Seller/Customer will select its order and upload the product image and link that he wishes to display it on the Marketplace. Click on ‘Save and Request to Approve‘.
Approval of the banner and product link from the backend
Now, you have the authority to approve the seller’s request to advertise their products/links. For that, follow the steps:
- Go to the ad blocks again. After that, select the display position you recently confirmed.
- As a result, click on ‘View All Bookings‘. Therefore, approve the selected ad-block.
- Click on ‘Approve‘ button to approve the seller’s/customer’s content.
- Therefore, the seller/customer will get the notification of content approval and the content will automatically be published on the selected display position.
OTHER RELATED MODULES FOR ODOO
- Odoo Marketplace Custom Product Tabs
- Odoo Marketplace Product Tags
- Marketplace Advance Commission
- Odoo Marketplace Seller Slider
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0