Odoo website advertisement manager: Make your website’s white space profitable!!
Advertisement is the new demand of today’s digitalization. Ads can contain innovative images that can help you to promote products very innovatively. Above all, these advertisements easily attract the attention of internet users. Seeing this phenomenon, offering customers to advertise on your website can help you earn good business along with high profits. Odoo website advertisement manager by Webkul enables you to host advertisements on your website and utilize your website whitespace to make profits.
The module lets customers post an advertisement on your website. Customers can design and align advertisements on different webpages of your website. For this, you can set different prices for advertisements as per the display positions on the website.
It’s important to avoid inappropriate advertisements on your webpage. Therefore, you have the right to approve/disapprove the ad content before displaying it on your website. Odoo website advertisement manager provides you a user-friendly interface from where you can manage the entire process of advertisements from the backend.
- The module allows you to provide advertisement block positions to the customers.
- Admin provides a panel to customers where they can place their advertisement request by selecting the required available position.
- You can set different prices for different display positions of advertisements on the website.
- The advertisement display positions can be purchased by customers on availability.
- Customers can easily select the date range for which advertisement will be displayed and make payment accordingly.
- Customers can upload the image of the banner to be advertised on the display position booked.
- Admin has the authority to allow or forbid the external link for banner images added by the customer for their advertisement.
- Admin can allow auto-approval of the block content by configuring it from the backend.
- You can completely control the process of customer advertisements on your website from the backend itself.
- Admin can view the list of customers who have purchased the advertisement blocks.
- You can approve/deny or delete the advertisement banners added by the customer.
- After that, approval mail will be sent to the customer on the approval of block content.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_advertisement_manager’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_advertisement_manager’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Once the installation is finished, visit the ‘Configuration‘ tab and, click on settings.
- After that, under the ad-block settings, enable the ad-block approval for automatic-approval to the advertisement.
- Visit the home page of the website. After that, in the bottom click on the ‘Advertisement Blocks‘ as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select the display position a customer wants to buy to display its advertisement on your website.
- After choosing the display position, a window will appear named the book advertisement window. Fill all the details asked in the window. Select the date range for the advertisement to be displayed. Now, click on the ‘Add to Cart‘ button to proceed with the further process.
- After that, the checkout page will appear. Click on ‘Process Checkout‘.
- Complete the payment process and your order will be completed.
- Click on the advertisement tab and select ‘Ad Orders‘.
- Here you can see the list of orders and select the order you wish to process further.
- Click on ‘Confirm‘ button. Confirm the order and create the sales order.
- After that, click on ‘Create Invoice‘. Generate the invoice at customer’s end.
- After that, visit the ad blocks option form the advertisement tab.
- As a result, any other customer who bought the same display position will automatically display their advertisement on the date selected by them.
- After that, click on the ad block recently confirmed. Therefore, you can move towards the further process.
- As a result, you can see the details of the customer using the display position for the ad. You can even edit from your side.
- Removing the tick from the global sign will immediately remove the ad from the front-end.
- Now check the ad blocks option under my account tab.
- Select your order and upload the image customer wishes to display on the website. Now, click on ‘Save and Request to Approve‘.
- Go to the ad blocks again. After that, select the display position you recently confirm.
- As a result, click on ‘View All Bookings’. Therefore, approve the selected ad-block.
- Click on ‘Approve‘ button to approve the customer’s content.
- Therefore, the customer will get the notification of content approval and the content will automatically be published on the selected display position.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0