Canada Post is the largest domestic shipping company in Canada. Moreover, they also offer international shipping services as well. Canada Post Shipping Integration in Odoo allows you to configure Canada Post delivery services with Odoo.
Once you will select Canada Post as the delivery carrier then the delivery price will be automatically calculated and added to the order.
If you have a business in Canada or cater to Canadian customers on your Odoo website, then integrating Canada Post with your Odoo website is a feasible solution to your logistics requirements.
- Integrate Canada post with Odoo
- Fetch Shipping label from Canada post to Odoo
- Switch between test and production environment in Canada post delivery method
- Set Canada post Delivery Method in Sales Order in Odoo Backend
- Let website users choose Canada post delivery method while checkout on Odoo Website
- Submit order information and confirm the order in Canada post by validating delivery order
- Fetch Commercial invoice from Canada post for international shipment
- Fetch Order Tracking number from Canada post to Odoo and send Order Tracking Link to the customer via email automatically
- Generate a comprehensive Shipping Report
- Fetch shipping cost from Canada post and display it in Sale Order or to the customer on Odoo Website
- Supports integration of multiple Canada post accounts with a single Odoo Environment
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘canada_post_shipping_integration’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘canada_post_shipping_integration’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE USING CANADA POST SHIPPING INTEGRATION IN ODOO
Please keep the following points in mind to prevent getting an error message while placing a delivery with Canada Post Shipping Carrier:
1.) Valid Credentials
Please use the correct Canada Post Courier credentials to configure the module to successfully generate the shipment in the Odoo backend and on the website.
2.) Correct destination and sender address
The addresses entered in the order for both user/receiver and warehouse/sender should be valid entries to process the shipping successfully. The addresses and range from the source to the destination would depend upon the type of service availed from Canada Post Shipping by the Odoo admin.
3.) A non-zero weight of the package
The product added to Canada Post Shipping should not have zero as the listed weight in the Odoo otherwise the shipment generation request returns an error from Canada Post Shipping. To avoid this, the admin can also set a default weight to be automatically sent to the Canada Post Shipping in case of the product in case the listed weight is zero.
4.) You need to put the product in a pack to generate a shipping label.
Configuring Canada Post Shipping Carrier Service in Odoo
1) Login to your Odoo database and go to the Inventory;
3) Click on the “Create Button” to create a Delivery Method.
4) Here, select the provider as Canada Post. Then, set the integration level for the module- ‘Get Rate and Create Shipment’.
6) After that, click on Extra to set the default values of different constraints. The chosen values would be automatically picked by the order to send to Canada Post in case one or more of fields are not set while placing the order.
8) You need to publish the delivery method to make it available on the website.
Odoo Website frontend
9) Add any product to the cart and proceed to checkout.
11) Click on the “Pay Now” button to place the order
In the Odoo Backend
13) Now, Click on the delivery tab on the top-right side which has a truck-like icon.
14) Click on the “Put in Pack button” to create the packages
Also, refer the user guides of other shipping integration modules:
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V12