Expand Your Business with Odoo Australia Post Shipping Integration!
Shipping services becomes the main component of every E-commerce. It is also one of the most important components in ensuring customer satisfaction. Unnecessary delays and shady services can cost you money by causing you to lose customers and potential prospects. it also waste time and resources. Shipping services are are now a tool for promoting a business, growing a customer base, and providing a superior customer experience. If you have a business in Australia or cater to Australian customers on your website, then integrating AusPOST into your Odoo website is a viable solution to your logistics needs.
Odoo Australia Post Shipping Integration module provides you an easiest way to configure AUSPOST with Odoo. After integrating, the module is available for both customers on the website and Odoo user in the backend to create shipments for orders. It supports real-time shipment and tracking creation from AUSPOST for orders. The delivery price is automatically calculated and added to the order after selecting AusPost as the delivery carrier. The shipping label can be generated with the tracking number once the delivery is validated in the Odoo backend.
- The module configures Australian Postal services with the Odoo.
- The customers can select AusPost as the delivery method for their purchases on the Odoo website.
- The delivery prices are automatically added to the order once AusPost is selected.
- The Odoo admin can generate the shipping label and tracking number in the Odoo backend.
- Safe Drop configuration for shipment to deliver the parcels directly to your customer.
- Authority to leave option which means that the parcel will be left at the front door of the property or a safe location around the property.
- Address Validation service at the time of fetching rate and Create shipment.
- Get Account details including available Postage products.
- Update Existing Shipment.
- Cancel/Delete Shipment.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file from your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘auspost_delivery_carrier’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘auspost_delivery_carrier’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
POINTS TO CONSIDER WHILE USING ODOO AUSTRALIA POST SHIPPING INTEGRATION
Please consider the following points to avoid getting an error message while placing a delivery with AusPost Delivery Carrier:
1.) Valid Credentials :- Configure the module with the valid AusPost credentials to successfully generate AusPost shipping in the Odoo backend and on the website.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
2.) None-Zero Amount Of Weight :- The reported weight for the product added to AusPost shipping should not be zero in Odoo, else the AusPost shipment creation request will shows error. To avoid this, the admin can provide a default weight that will be transmitted to AusPost automatically if the Product listed weight is zero.
3.) Correct destination and sender address :- To process the shipping correctly, the addresses entered in the order for both the user and the warehouse/sender must be valid. The addresses and ranges from the source to the destination are determined by the type of AusPost service selected by the administrator.
4.) You need to put the product in a pack to generate a shipping label.
Auspost Configuration and Settings
- Firstly, login to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to the ‘Settings’ module.
- Go to the General Settings. Here. tick on the checkbox next to AusPost Shipping Integration to enable AusPost shipping in Odoo
- Go to the ‘Shipping Methods’ under the ‘Configuration’ menu.
- Under the ‘AusPost Credentials’ menu, enter the API Key, API Password, API Account Number and set the environment as ‘Testing’. By clicking on the Published button you can publish it on thewebsite.
- Add any product to the cart and proceed to Checkout. On the Payment Page, select AusPost Delivery as the delivery method. The price shipping price automatically gets added to the total cart value.
- Click on the ‘Get Account Info’, here you get all the information about Australia Post Delivery.
- Here the information of Australia Post Delivery like Available Services, Available Return Services, etc.
- Next, click on Extra to set the default values of different constraints. The chosen values would be automatically picked by the order to send to AusPost in case one or more fields are not set while placing the order.
In Odoo Backend
- Under, the ‘Sales’ module, click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new quotation.
- Add Customer, Invoice Address, Delivery Address. Add products to the order line.
- Next, click on the Add Shipping button to add Australia post Delivery.
- Add Shipping Method, Click on the Get rate to add cost and then click on Add button.
- Click on the ‘Delivery’ tab to validate the order.
- Here, enter the required quantity under the field ‘Done’ to validate delivery. After that click on the Put in Pack button to add the products in a pack.
- Here, are the packaging details like Shipping weight, Cover Amount, Height, Length, and Width of the Package and then Save.
- Click on the Tracking button to track the product delivery. Click on the Download Label button to download the label of the package.
- Label of the Package.
- You can also cancel the order, under the Additional Info click on the Cancel button next to Tracking Reference.
- Now, click on the Action button and then click on the Create Auspost Order tab to create Auspost order.
- Add Order Reference, Payment Method and then click on the Create Order button.
- If you want to update anything in the order, make changes and then click on the Update Shipment button.
- Now, go to the Auspost Order under the Operations menu in the Inventory module.
- Here, is the Auspost Delivery summary, you can download it from here.
- Australia Post Order Summary Report.
- You can also pack two or more orders into a single. For this, go to the Transfers under the Operations menu. Select the orders, go to the action button then click on create Auspost order.
Also, REFER THE USER GUIDES OF OTHER SHIPPING INTEGRATION MODULES
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13, V12, V11, V10, V9