Odoo DHL Shipping Integration: Ship Your Products Efficiently!!!
When we talk about Shipping DHL, It is the logistics industry’s global market leader. The Odoo DHL Shipping module will streamline your Odoo shipment process.
After setting up the settings, the module integrates Odoo with DHL shipping. Once configured, it lets Odoo website users use DHL shipping services for delivery.
After selecting DHL as the delivery carrier, it calculates the shipping price. While making orders in Odoo, the admin can also use DHL delivery services.
Once Admin Approves the delivery, He can generate the DHL shipping label in the Odoo backend.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
- Odoo DHL Shipping Integration DHL delivery services into Odoo.
- When DHL is selected, the delivery costs are applied automatically.
- In the Odoo backend, the admin can generate the shipping label and tracking number.
- Admin can add extra service charges to the shipment price as needed.
- The Admin can define/update new services based on their needs.
- In this module, the admin can define the Packaging Type and Drop Off Type.
- The module is compatible with both domestic and international DHL delivery services.
- Customers can choose DHL as their delivery method while ordering on the Odoo website.
- It enables real-time shipping rate calculation on both the website and the Odoo end.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘dhl_delivery_carrier.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click ‘Update Modules List’ in the odoo app.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘dhl_delivery_carrier.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search results. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
POINTS TO BE KEPT IN MIND WHILE USING THE ODOO DHL SHIPPING INTEGRATION MODULE
To avoid receiving an error message when placing a delivery with DHL Shipping Carrier, please keep the following items in mind:
- Valid Credentials
Configure the module with valid DHL credentials to create DHL shipping in the Odoo back end and on the website.
- Correct destination and sender address
To complete the shipping, Use the Valid addresses in the order for both the receiver and the sender. The destination range determines charges from the DHL shipping service.
- A non-zero weight of the package
If the goods added to shipping have zero as the reported weight in Odoo, the shipment will return an error from DHL. To avoid this, the admin can configure the default weight for DHL services for the zero-weight product.
- The “Put in pack” option is necessary to generate a shipping label.
Configuration From Odoo back-end
1.After the installation open the General settings and enable “DHL Shipping Service”
2. Now navigate through ‘Inventory >> Shipping Methods’ and open the DHL shipping method for the configuration
3. Here, choose the provider as MyDHL. Then, set the integration level for the module as ‘Get Rate and and Create Shipment’.
4. Next, click Extra to set the default values of different constraints. The chosen values would be automatically picked by the order to send to DHL in case one or more orders.
5. Lastly, Configure the MyDHL Credentials.
Order from Website
6. From the website, select any product add it to the cart, and then click on proceed check out.
7. Now select DHL shipping as the delivery method and click on “pay now.”
Validate the delivery from the odoo backend
8. Once a website order is confirmed in the Odoo backend, a delivery is generated. Click on the delivery tab to open the stock operation.
9. Click on “Put in Pack “ and configure it
10. Now a pop will appear to configure the dimensions of your package. configure it and click “save”
11. Now Validate your delivery by clicking on Validate
12. After the validation of your delivery, the shipping label is automatically generated by DHL.
I hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at the UV Desk.
For any doubt, contact us at our support mail.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.3
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 17, 15, 14