WooCommerce is a PHP based Open Source shopping cart platform. It is a plugin which is used with WordPress (the most popular CMS in the world).
Woocommerce development and release updates are automatically managed by the parent company behind the WordPress.
Woocommerce has a very solid community support and a huge number of community developers who are contributing their code to WooCommerce project (Webkul is also a proud GitHub contributor for WooCommerce).
Why WooCommerce and what are the benefits?
As WooCommerce is based on WordPress so it is not a dedicated e-commerce platform like Magento or Opencart. But it includes all the features of any mature e-commerce platform.
The main advantage of WooCommerce is being super lightweight and easy to host on Shared and VPS hosting.
List of features included in WooCommerce platform:
- Sell different products – physical, digital, subscriptions, events appointments
- Superior content management as it is built on WordPress CMS
- Fully open source code to modify or customize anything
- REST API to manage everything from products to orders.
- Embed shortcodes for products, checkout and more on any page
- Categories, tags, attributes to quickly find the products
- Product ratings & reviews on the product page with ‘Verified Owner’ label
- Set price, stock, images for each product variation
- Import and export products and update information using CSV file
- Accept offline (COD, bank transfer) and online payments via PayPal, Stripe, etc.
- Calculate real-time shipping rates based on customer location
- Geo-location supported for calculating local taxes and shipping costs
- Guest checkout for customers who don’t want to register
- One click refund management from the dashboard
- Inventory management to track stock levels with notifications
- Create shop managers to manage orders, view reports, other access
What Webkul is offering?
Webkul is having more than 8 years of experience in WooCommerce development. We have built more than 100s of plugins for WooCommerce and became an elite author in CodeCanyon community.
Our services include:
- Complete WooCommerce store setup
- WooCommerce template development and customization
- Custom extension development and customization
- Payment gateways and shipping methods development
- eCommerce multi-vendor marketplace development
- WooCommerce mobile app development
- PWA app and Headless WooCommerce development
- POS (Point of Sale) system and multi-channel integration
- Dropship stores and logistics integration
- Akeneo PIM Integration
Visit Webkul Store to see the complete list of plugins – https://store.webkul.com/Wordpress-Plugins/WooCommerce.html
Here are some of the plugins for WooCommerce platform developed by Webkul:
Here are some of our clientele who are using WooCommerce products and solutions: