With the help of this module, the admin can set Google Maps pin Address for the frontend users to insert the address. The customers can pinpoint the accurate address on Google Maps and the address will get inserted automatically.
This module also provides the facility to add default Google pin location by using the latitude and longitude of the address.
- The admin can set the Google Maps API key.
- On the checkout page, the user can autofill data related to the address with the help of Google Maps Pin.
- The user can set the address on the registration page with the help of Google Maps Pin.
- Logged in user can add the address in the address book with the help of Google Maps Pin.
- The default Google pin location can be set by adding the latitude and longitude of the address.
Shopware provides two ways to install the plugin to the server.
- Using Command
- Manual installation
Installation Using Commands
Customers will get a zip folder, then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The customer has Copy the folder WebkulGPA to custom/plugins directory of Shopware6. As shown in the below image:
Now open the Shopware6 application in the Terminal.
Run this command to refresh the plugin –
Go to your Shopware installation Root directory and run this command to install then activate the plugin –
/bin/console plugin:install --activate WebkulGPA
To clear the cache run this command –
Now refresh the administration.
For the manual installation of the plugin follow the steps as mentioned below:
1) Extract the zip file of the plugin.
2) Goto your Shopware 6 installation backend panel and navigate to Extensions-> My Extensions after that you can find all the installed plugins in it.
For installing the plugin, the user can click on the Upload Extension button. The user can upload the plugin zip(WebkulGPA) here.
3) After uploading the plugin zip, the user can see the Extension in the list.
4) Now the user can click on the install icon to install the Google Pin Address extension.
5) After the installation of the extension, the user can click to activate the extension.
While in the process the admin can see the success message ‘Extension has been activated‘.
After the installation process and plugin configuration if the GPA icon option is not visible then run this command to clear the cache:
How To Get The Google API
Before configuring the module, the admin needs to have the Google Map Pin API. You can easily get one by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1. Go to console.developers.google.com and log in using your Gmail ID. After that, click on select a project.
Step 2. Click on New Project Button. After that, you need to enter the name of the project and Browse the location of the organization.
Step 3. After creating the project click on the Enable API And Services.
Step 6. Once you have enabled the API then you need to navigate through Credentials> Credentials in APIs & Services.
Step 7. After that, you need to click on the create credentials and select the API key.
Step 8. Now you can copy the generated API key.
After the successful installation, the admin needs to navigate through Settings>Extensions>Google Pin Address.
After that click on Google Pin Address. Then in general settings, you need to enter the Google Api key.
Google Api Key: The Google Api key which was generated earlier can be filled in the following field. The admin can navigate directly to the get API key section in developer documents through the following link “For Google API Key”.
After that click on the Save button.
Now go to the front store, where the customer can use the google map for editing or creating new addresses in the registration page section as shown in the image below.
Check out page – Google Pin Address
On the check-out page, the customer can change the billing address very easily with the help of google pin address.
For the Billing Details –
For Shipping Address –
Guest customers can also use this module for adding addresses in the billing detail section as shown in the image below.
For any further queries, suggestions, or customization, please add a ticket to [email protected]
Check out Webkul Blogs for more!
Current Product Version - 1.0.6
Supported Framework Version - Shopware 184.108.40.206