With the help of this module, the admin can set Google Maps pin Address for the frontend users to insert the address. The customers can pinpoint the accurate address on Google Maps and the address will get inserted automatically.
This module also provides the facility to add default Google pin location by using latitude and longitude of the address.
- The admin can set the Google Maps API key.
- On the checkout page, the user can autofill data related to the address with the help of Google Maps Pin.
- The user can set the address on the registration page with the help of Google Maps Pin.
- Logged in user can add the address in the address book with the help of Google Maps Pin.
- The default Google pin location can be set by adding the latitude and longitude of the address.
Shopware provides two ways to install the plugin to the server.
- Using Command
- Manual installation
Installation Using Commands
Customers will get a zip folder, then they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. The customer has Copy the folder WebkulGPA to custom/plugins directory of Shopware6. As shown in the below image:
Now open the Shopware6 application in the Terminal.
Run this command to refresh the plugin –
Go to your Shopware installation Root directory and run this command to install then activate the plugin –
./bin/console plugin:install --activate
To clear the cache run this command –
Now refresh the administration.
After that, visit administration Setting->System->Plugins, the Google Pin Address will be listed there.
- Upload the zip file of the plugin.
- Go to your Shopware6 installation backend panel then navigate to Setting -> System -> Plugins after that, you can find all the installed plugin in it.
Click on the Plugin. For installing the plugin, the user can click on the Upload Plugin button. The user can upload the plugin zip(WebkulGPA) here.
Further, in the newly added plugin, two actions can be performed which are: Install and Delete. The admin will install the plugin by clicking on the Install option in the dropdown.
After Installation, click on the activate button.
After that run this command to clear the cache:
Now you can see, the Google Pin Address is visible on the left side of the dashboard.
How To Get The Google API
Before configuring the module, the admin needs to have the Google Map Pin API. You can easily get one by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1. Go to console.developers.google.com and log in using your Gmail ID. After that, click on select a project.
Step 2. Click on New Project Button. After that, you need to enter the name of the project and Browse the location of the organization.
Step 3. After creating the project click on the Enable API And Services.
Step 6. Once you have enabled the API then you need to navigate through Credentials> Credentials in APIs & Services.
Step 7. After that, you need to click on the create credentials and select the API key.
Step 8. Now you can copy the generated API key.
After the successful installation, the admin can configure the Shopware Google Map Pin module without any issues by navigating to Dahboard->Google Pin Address ->Configuration.
On the configuration page, The admin can configure the following:
- Google API Key: The Google API key which was generated earlier can be filled in the following field. The admin can navigate directly to the get API key section in developer documents through the following link “For Google API Key”.
- Enter Your Latitude: Enter the default latitude that you want to set for the Google Map pin.
- Enter Your Longitude: Enter the default longitude that you want to set for the Google Map pin.
The admin can get the latitude and longitude detail of the respective location through the link provided “For Latitude and Longitude”.
After that click on the Save button.
Now go to the front store, where the customer can use the google map for the editing or creating new addresses in the registration page section as shown in the image below.
Check out page – Google Pin Address
In the check-out page, the customer can change the billing address very easily with the help of google pin address.
For the Billing Details –
For Shipping Address –
Guest customers can also use this module for adding addresses in the billing detail section as shown in the image below.
For any further queries, suggestions or customization, please add a ticket to email@example.com
Checkout Webkul Blogs for more!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0.
Supported Framework Version - Shopware 6.1.0 stable version