The Shopware Point of Sale System the store owners will be able to manage the online and the physical stores. The system makes the checkout process way faster than before.
Also, this module provides the users the freedom to create an order as per the customer need. This module highly relies on the customer requirement which will fascinate the customers to offline and online stores.
- The admin can manage the multiple outlets for POS.
- Multiple POS users can be managed by the admin for an outlet.
- The admin can manage both online and physical stores.
- New customers can be added by the sales agent at the time of checkout also.
- A separate front-end panel is provided to the Sales agent/ User.
- The POS easily operates in offline mode as well to provide better processing.
- Default customer assignment to the POS for easy checkout.
- You can create a barcode product-wise.
- Default customer assignment to the outlet.
- The products can be added to the cart in two ways- on clicking the product, through Barcode Reader.
- The admin can see the details of the orders.
- POS support simple as well as configurable products.
- The admin can assign multiple products to outlets.
- Complete orders, customers, inventory synchronization between Shopware and POS.
- The admin can easily manage the inventory.
- Print a sales receipt with complete information.
- The POS agent can add new customers to the POS panel.
- The customer can make payments either by card or cash at the POS.
- Trouble-free checkout process.
- The sales agent can update the currency in their profile.
Shopware is a leading Germany based e-commerce platform. Till date, the platform has received more than 80 thousand users and it is a wondrous e-commerce solution in the DASH region and surrounding territories.
Shopware is an open-source eCommerce framework. Meanwhile, the features which are taking this module to the prime levels are content management capability, Drag-Drop design layout, Multi-warehouse system, scalability and performance, and many more.
Many merchants use Shopware from the UK. Not only this, this platform is going to be initialized in well known European nations also. Recently, Shopware has came up with its brand new version as “Early Access”: https://www.shopware.com/en/products/shopware-6/.
Access the link for experiencing some of the most amazing shopware modules: https://store.webkul.com/Shopware.html.
Shopware provides two ways to upload the plugin to the server.
Installation using commands
Customers will get a zip folder, and they have to extract the contents of this zip folder on their system. After extracting the WebkulPOS folder, the customer need to transfer this custom > plugins on the server, as shown in the image below:
After the successful installation, you have to run these commands in the Shopware root directory.
1 – Go to your Shopware installation root directory and run this command –
php bin/console plugin:install WebkulPOS
2 – To activate the plugin run this command –
php bin/console plugin:activate WebkulPOS
1) Extract the zip file of the plugin.
2) Goto your Shopware 6 installation backend panel after that navigate to Setting -> System -> Plugins after that you can find all the installed plugin in it.
For installing the plugin, the user can click on the Upload Plugin button. The user can upload the plugin zip( WebkulPOS) here.
3) After uploading the plugin zip, the user can see the plugin in the list.
4) Now the user can click on the install icon to install the Shopware POS Upload plugin.
5) After the installation of the plugin, the user can click to activate the plugin.
After the installation process and plugin configuration if the Point of Sale icon option is not visible then run this command to clear the cache:
php bin/console cache:clear
6) After clicking on the plugin, the user can see all the installed plugin in the Shopware. The user can click on the “…” icon for the configuration option of the plugin.
After the complete installation of Shopware Point of Sale and activation of the plugin, the admin will navigate Setting>>plugins. Under this section following options will be there:
Under this section, the admin will be able to see the list of all the outlets with grids as Outlet Name, Outlet Address, Active Status, and List Settings. The admin can also hide the “Active Status” column.
The admin can also create new outlets by clicking on the Add Outlet button in the upper right corner.
While adding the new outlet the admin has to add the Outlet Name, Outlet Address, City, Outlet Country, Zipcode, Active Status.
The admin will not mark the checkbox for active status to deactivate the outlet.
Meanwhile, the admin can edit/delete the existing outlets by clicking on the Edit or Delete button under the ellipsis in the rightmost grid.
Under this section, the admin can add the cashiers/users who will manage the customers, inventory and the POS system. Further, the admin needs to:
- Enter the specific Username of the cashier.
- Assign the Outlet to the cashier by selecting from the dropdown of outlets.
- Enter the First and the Last Name of the user.
- The admin will enter the Email of the cashier.
- To make the user list more attractive and specific the admin can add the Profile image of the cashier.
- For the front end login, every cashier will have their unique Password which is given by the admin.
- The admin can change the Active Status of the cashier by unmarking the checkbox. The cashier status can be deactivated if not in service for a particular duration.
Finally, the admin will click on the Save button to save the cashier on the list.
Product Management – Create New Product
The admin will add the products to the Shopware by navigating to Catalogues > Products in the admin panel.
Further, the admin will click on the Add Product button to add the new product to the existing product list. This list will include all the products of the Shopware.
Just after the admin clicks on the Add Product, a form will be visible including text fields to add product details, which may include Title, Description, Product Number, Manufacturer, Tax Rate, Price, Stock, Category, Media Image, etc.
After filling up all the details, the user will click on the Save button.
POS Product Assignment
In Shopware Point of Sale, the admin will assign Outlets to the products. For doing this the admin will navigate to POS Products.
After that, the admin will select the desired products from the list and select the associated outlet. Just after that the admin will click on the Assign button and will receive a successful product assignment.
Barcode generation for Products
The admin can generate barcodes for the products. These products can be added to the cart during the check-out process by POS User.
On the product listing page. The admin will select the products for which you want to generate the barcodes or print the barcode.
Click on Generate Barcode button the barcode gets generated.
Thus, it allows the admin to easily print a barcode for a product on the basis of product id for a quantity by clicking on the Print Barcode button available on the product.
After selecting the Print Barcode from the action button, the barcode gets generated.
Order Management by Admin
Under the Point of Sale in the left menu bar, the admin can view the orders by navigating to Setting>Plugin> POS Orders.
These orders are generated by the users from the front-end. On the order page the details will be like:
- Order Number: The specific number generated for a particular order.
- Agent Name: Displays the name of the agent who served that order.
- Outlet: The outlet assigned to the sales agent/ user.
- Customer Name: The name of the customer who purchased placed the order.
- Total: Grand total of the cart.
- Order Status: This shows the payment status as Paid or Remaining.
The admin can also view any desired product. Once the order is viewed the admin will be able to see the details of that particular order as shown in the image below:
Shopware Point of Sale Front-end
The user can easily log in to the front-end(POS System) by adding the Username and Password provided by the admin.
NOTE: For accessing the front end the user needs to visit the URL like https://example.com/wkpos
Configure Login Page Heading
In Shopware Point of Sale System, the admin can configure the login heading from the backend by navigating to Settings > Systems > Plugins. After that, the admin will select the plugin and select Config as shown in the image below.
Just after clicking Config the General Settings will be visible and the admin can add the desired heading for the user/ sales agent login page as shown in the image below:
Once the user has Signed up into the POS System a user panel will be visible with the menu options like Home, Checkout, Sales, Customer, and Profile. On the right side of the panel, Cart Details are displayed.
The homepage includes the list of products assigned to that particular user. Onwards, the user will click on the desired product for adding it to the Cart. The number of clicks on a product will increase its quantity in the cart.
By clicking on the icon, the POS user may view the category lists through which he selects a category, to choose the product.
Using the search bar and the product category, the POS User can search for any product of any product type. In the case of variant products, the POS User can search the main product by using its name or SKU in the search bar.
Adding Configurable Products
In this POS you can add simple as well as configurable products.
Adding Products By Barcode
The sales agent can add products to the cart by scanning barcodes of the product through a barcode reader or by entering the SKU of the product.
Click on the barcode scan tab then enter the barcode value.
After that, the user will add the customer to select a customer for the cart.
Set Default Customer- The admin can add the default customer by clicking on the button “Make Default Customer”.
Once make default then user doesn’t need to select the customer always during checkout.
After clicking on make default customer.
Just after selecting the customer from the available customer list, the user will click on the Pay button or the Checkout menu option in the left menu bar.
After that click on the Checkout tab.
It may happen that the customer doesn’t have enough cash to make the payment, for such conditions the Shopware POS System provides the user to accept payment by Cash and by Card.
Customers can also divide the payment i.e. some amount by cash and the remaining by card. In the end, the customer will click on Accept Payment.
Online Orders – Sales
Click on Sales to check order history.
Also, the sales agent can view all the transactions in offline mode by following the navigation POS menu> Sales.
When the POS in offline mode then the wifi will disable from the top bar.
After that selection, of the product then clicks on checkout.
Then after clicking on Accept Payment notification pop-up will appear.
After that, you can check the order history of offline transition in the sales tab.
Thus, the cashier can view all the offline orders which can get sync manually by clicking on the button “Sync All Data” or the cashier can individually sync the order for the Sync Order button which will add this to the list of orders.
Note – In offline mode, you can only add the product to the cart and place an order.
By clicking on the desired order its invoice will be visible on the left side of the panel. The user can print the invoice by clicking on the Print Invoice. After that, the user will provide the invoice slip to the customer.
The invoice slip will include the order details as shown in the image below:
In the Point of Sale front-end, a section is present as Customer.
The customer section displays the list of all the customers added by the user. For adding the new customer, the user will click on Add new customer.
Once the user will click on the Add new customer a form will appear for adding the customer details. The form is shown below:
Shopware Point of Sale provides the user with a unique profile page, which displays some of the basic details of the user entered by the admin. For that navigate to Profile
Shopware provides a fabulous profile page as shown in the image below:
The user will be able to update the Currency by clicking on the Update button as per the need.
Tab View of POS
Once the user has Signed up into the POS with their tab a user panel will be visible with the menu. On the right side of the panel, Cart Details are displayed.
That’s all for the Point of Sale System for Shopware, if you have still any query, please add a support ticket at- https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket.
Current Product Version - 1.1.1.
Supported Framework Version - Shopware 188.8.131.52