Multivendor Marketplace App for Shopify is here with another feature app called PWA which lets you enable progressive web application functionality for your marketplace sellers.
Using this feature app, the admin can send two kinds of push notifications to his sellers:
- Automated order notifications.
- Manual push notifications regarding any subject the admin wants.
NOTE: PWA Feature App is only available for stores with Custom Seller Domain (with SSL).
This feature will have an additional charge of USD 10 per month over & above your current Multivendor Marketplace plan.
Enable the following app by visiting:
- Multi-Vendor Admin Panel
- From the Dashboard, hover over the three dots on the top-right of the page
- Click on Feature Apps
- Search for ‘PWA‘ & click on ‘Enable‘
- After accepting the charges, you’ll be good to configure the app!
Configuration: Admin Panel
The admin needs to configure the app by visiting:
- Multi-Vendor Admin Panel
- From the dashboard, go to Configuration
- Click on PWA Configuration from the drop-down menus.
On the following page, you’ll find these options:
- SENDER ID
- SERVER KEY
- APPLICATION PUBLIC SERVER KEY
- APPLICATION PRIVATE SERVER KEY
- ORDER NOTIFICATION: From this option, the seller will receive notifications whenever an order is placed.
- PUSH NOTIFICATION: To send push notification to your sellers, Keep this option enabled.
How to get these keys?
You can get these keys from any mobile and web application development platform like Firebase.
Have a look at how you can get Firebase ID and keys: Click here.
After entering the following keys, the admin will get two more options to configure, i.e., Manage Manifest & Push Notifications.
Clicking on Manage Manifest will take you to the following page:
Here, enter the PWA manifest name, tagline, configure the background color & lastly upload icon.
Web manifests are a way to describe your PWA to the browser. The values are used to drive the home screen launch and install experiences.
This is how the web manifest will look like at the seller’s end:
Moreover, clicking on Push Notifications will take you to the following page:
From this page, the admin can add the push notifications he wants to send to his sellers. For that, click on + ADD NEW MESSAGE. Now, enter the title, description & upload icon for the same.
Once done, the admin can send, edit or delete the created push notifications.
This is how the seller will receive the push notifications once sent by the admin:
Mobile End: PWA
This is how the MultiVendor Marketplace PWA for Sellers will look like:
Need Help regarding PWA for Sellers?
You can drop your query/suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org or create your ticket at Webkul UV Desk