Are you looking for a solution to manage your stores on WooCommerce & Prestashop simultaneously? It looks like your wait is over now with our Prestashop Woocommerce Connector module. Now, effectively manage both of your stores & provide better customer satisfaction on both the stores.
The module allows merchants to map categories, attributes, shipping & taxes of Prestashop with WooCommerce. So that the product or order gets correctly imported along with the desired attribute, tax, shipping etc.
You can import products, customers & orders from WooCommerce so that you won’t have to manage them at WooCommerce too. Some additional functionality like “Maximum data fetch limit” allows merchants to restrict the number of import request to handle in a single attempt. You can also allow or restrict import of attachments with the virtual product. And, its download by the customer can also be allowed or restricted from the configuration settings.
Features of the Prestashop WooCommerce Connector
- Connect your WooCommerce store with your Prestashop store.
- Allow or restrict the default category.
- Select the default category to import the product from WooCoomerce to Prestashop(if no category is associated with the product at WooCoomerce).
- Enable or disable allocation of default tax on products.
- Select the default attribute group for the imported products.
- Choose default payment method & order status to apply on imported orders from WooCommerce to Prestashop.
- Select the default shipping method to apply on orders while importing them.
- Set the maximum data limit to fetch in one go.
- Enter the default quantity of the imported products if stock is not managed at WooCommerce end.
- Enable or disable import of attachments while importing virtual products.
- Allow or restrict download of attachments in virtual products by customer.
- Map the categories of Prestashop with the categories of WooCommerce
- Import customers from WooCommerce to Prestashop.
- Choose to import customers by their customer ID or all of them in one go.
- Map the attributes of Prestashop with attributes of WooCommerce.
- Import products from WooCommerce to Prestashop.
- Choose to import products by their product ID or all of them in one go.
- Map shipping method & taxes of Prestashop with shipping & tax of WooCommerce.
- Import orders from WooCommerce to Prestashop.
- Choose to import orders by their order ID or all of them in one go.
How to install the Prestashop WooCommerce Connector
- Go to Module Manager in Back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- Now, Drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Steps to generate WooCommerce API keys
Open the backend of WooCommerce store and go to “settings”.
Now, go to the advanced settings.
Under advanced settings, you can see an option of Rest API. Click on the rest API to generate new API credentials.
On proceeding further, click on ‘Add key’.
After clicking on ‘Add Key’ option, a form will open. Fill the details about API key & click on “Generate API Key”.
Now, the generation of the API key is successful. You can view & copy the API key.
View all the API keys under ‘REST API’ section available in the ‘Advanced’ section’.
By following the process explained above, you can easily create API keys.
How to configure the Prestashop WooCommerce Connector
There are two parts to the configuration settings of the module.
- API configuration
- Default configuration
In the first part enter the API keys obtained from the WooCommerce website.
The 2nd part allows you to set default import settings for various things like category, tax, payment method etc. The default setting allows you to import products with these default configuration in case if there is no mapping.
Workflow of the Prestashop WooCoomerce Connector
Let’s suppose that an attempt to import product from the WooCommerce to Prestashop was successful. And, the product category(of WooCommerce) is not available at the Prestashop end. Now, while importing the product, we need to put it into one or the other category.
To overcome this obstacle, either we need to create a new category or map the existing WooCommerce category to Prestashop.
And, if the mapping of WooCommerce categories & Prestashop categories is already complete, then the product will be put to that category.
To map the category, select the Prestashop & WooCommerce category to map them with each other.
View list of all the mapped categories under ‘category’ tab.
Map product attributes
Map various attributes of WooCommerce with attributes of Prestashop. I’ll just explain why this is important.
Suppose you have a shirt of size “small” at WooCommerce store & you want that shirt to import to PrestaShop store. This should not be a problem though. But, here is the twist.
While importing the shirt, it will look for size: ‘small’ at your Prestashop store. And, if you have not created size by same word then that shirt will be put with the default attribute. Let’s understand this with an example:
WooCommerce has size: ‘Small’ whereas PrestaShop has the size: ‘S’. Even though both represent the same size but the notation is different. Hence, in this case, the product will be imported with the default attribute. Hence, it becomes even more important to map so that the product imports with the desired attribute.
Select an attribute of Prestashop & WooCommerce to map them with each other.
View list of all the mapped attributes under the ‘Attribute’ tab.
Map shipping methods and taxes
While importing orders or products from WooCommerce, the shipping & tax applied on a product is also imported. Hence, it becomes necessary to map them as well.
If the shipping and tax are mapped beforehand then they will be automatically applied to the imported product.
Select a shipping method of Prestashop & WooCommerce to map them with each other.
View list of all the mapped shipping methods under the ‘Shipping’ tab.
To map a tax of Prestashop with a tax of WooCommerce, click on ‘Map tax’ to proceed further.
Select a tax of Prestashop & WooCommerce to map them with each other.
View list of all the mapped taxes under the ‘Tax’ tab.
The module also allows you to Import customers, products & orders from WooCommerce to Prestashop.
To import a customer, click on the ‘import customer’ button to proceed.
You can import customers from WooCommerce in the following two way:
- Either you can choose to import all the customers to Prestashop in one go.
- You can also import them one by one by specific customer ID.
You can also view the status of import on the page itself. In case, if the import of any customer fails, then you can check that & import them again.
Now, view list of all the imported customers under the ‘import customers’ section.
After importing the customers to prestashop, you can view them under ‘Customers’ section too.
Prestashop WooCommerce Connector also allows you to import products from WooCommerce to Prestashop. To do so, click on the ‘Import products’ button to proceed.
You can proceed to import the products in the same way as you imported the customers.
You can choose to import all the products in one go or one by one by their specific product ID.
The import product page also displays the status of import of products. This allows you to import the product with failed status again.
Now, view list of all the imported products under the ‘import products’ section.
Now, you can see that the imported products can also be found in the product catalog of Prestashop.
The module also allows you to import orders from WooCommerce to Prestashop. Click on the ‘import order’ button to proceed to import orders.
There are two ways to import orders from WooCommerce to Prestashop.
- Either you can import all the orders to Prestashop in one go. or
- You can import the orders one by one with their specific order ID.
You can also view the status of import while importing the orders.
After importing the orders, you can view the list under ‘import order’ section.
Now, you can see the orders imported from WooCommerce to Prestashop under ‘orders’ section.
This was all about Prestashop WooCommerce connector. Now, easily import products, orders, categories etc of WooCommerce to Prestashop to effectively manage both the stores.
To know more about other connectors developed by webkul, check the list at : https://store.webkul.com/PrestaShop-Extensions/Connector.html
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com and for any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x..x