An eCommerce business has various parts that help in making it a successful venture. Therefore, any flaw in any section/processes hampers the efficiency of the whole system. Hence, it becomes even more important to track the performance of each stage so that qualitative services can be provided. One such process that reserves an important place for itself is “Shipping“. And, to enable you to enhance the performance of this part of your shop, we bring you the services of one of the prominent logistics services i.e. USPS. The benefits of the USPS logistics services can now be availed with the help of the Prestashop USPS Shipping module.
Upon integration of the module, customers can now easily choose the shipping methods of USPS to get the delivery of the order. Using the services of prominent logistics channel like these will also ensure swift delivery along with the safety of products.
Note: Prestashop USPS Shipping module is compatible with PrestaShop framework version 8.x.x.
Check the overview of the plugin in the video mentioned-below –
Features of the Prestashop USPS Shipping Module
- New shipping methods of USPS are added to the store.
- Calculates cost for USPS shipping methods on the basis of USPS configuration details entered by admin.
- Shipping methods are available for U.S. based stores only.
- Shipping methods are available for domestic as well as international buyers.
- Admin can set the packaging size of the product.
- The admin can set the packaging container shape of the product.
- Admin can enable or disable the machinable.
- An admin can set the default length, width, height and girth of the product packaging.
- Admin can set the default weight of the product.
- Add cache system for improving module performance.
- Support more USPS shipping methods now. (in total 77 USPS methods).
- Remove country restriction to ship the products all over the world.
- Improved file structure and database structure.
- Fully compatible with the latest API.
- Add a new dimension variable “Girth” for calculating a more efficient shipping rate.
- Separate packaging size and container type for domestic and international shipping.
- Add handling charge in USPS shipping.
- Added two new first class USPS shipping methods.
- Choose pricing type from available options : Regular, Commercial or Commercial Plus.
Note: Prestashop USPS Shipping module is MultiShop Compatible.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
How to install the Prestashop USPS Shipping module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the module
After the successful installation of the module, admin needs to configure the module.
The module configuration is set with default values. However, an admin can change it as per his/her wish/needs.
To get the USPS user ID, register at https://registration.shippingapis.com/ and you will receive the user ID via mail.
Note:- The package dimension already available in the configuration is default dimension. If any product has some unique dimension, then the package dimension will be the same as the product dimension. Otherwise, the dimension of package for all other products will be same as default dimension.
After the successful installation, a list of domestic and international USPS shipping methods becomes available in the carriers list. To view the shipping carriers, go to shipping then carriers.
USPS shipping on the checkout page
Now, a customer can view all the available USPS shipping methods on the checkout page while placing an order. Each & every shipping method of USPS also displays cost of the shipping in front of them.
After the customer places an order successfully, admin can also view the name of the USPS shipping carrier along with their shipping charge on the order page.
So, this was all about Prestashop USPS shipping Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
In case, if you are looking for a USPS shipping module for marketplace, then do checkout the blog.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our Prestashop development services and vast range of quality Prestashop addons.
Current Product Version - 4.11.5
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment