Prestashop Marketplace Subscription Products enables the sellers to setup subscription on their products with ease. Gain stable recurring payments by allowing the customers to subscribe the products they need regularly.
Sellers can select the delivery frequency of the product so the customers can choose at what intervals they need the product.
Note: Prestashop Marketplace Subscription Products module is compatible with PrestaShop framework version 8.x.x.
Features of Prestashop Marketplace Subscription Products
- Let sellers provide the product subscription facility to their customers.
- Option to display the subscribe button in a quick view popup.
- Configure the text to be displayed on the subscribe button.
- Notify customers about subscription via email.
- Configure the number of days prior to the delivery date to create the order.
- Select the payment methods for the payment of subscription products.
- Seller can allow customers to cancel their subscription.
- Choose to activate or deactivate a particular product for the subscription.
- Sellers can select the frequency of delivery cycle in an interval of days, weeks, months, and years.
- Customers can remove the product subscription or update subscription details from the cart page.
- Customers can view a list of subscribed products under the ‘My subscription’ tab.
- View a list of subscribers and orders placed for subscription products from the account.
- Details of all the upcoming delivery of the products are available under the scheduled orders section.
Prestashop Subscription Products module is compatible with recurring payment gateways only. In case, if you are using any third-party recurring payment method, then we’ll need to integrate them separately.
The Integration will attract additional costs as per the efforts required.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
Moreover, you can also have a look at our recurring payment modules. They are already compatible with this module. And, we’ll integrate these already compatible modules under “support”.
Here’s a list of recurring payment modules that we offer:
The Prestashop Marketplace Subscription Products module is Multi-Shop Compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 5.4.0/3.4.0 and above.
How to Install Prestashop Marketplace Subscription Products
For installing this module, you need to install the Prestashop Advanced Multi Vendor Marketplace module first.
Once you have installed the marketplace module, you can now start the installation of the Prestashop Marketplace Subscription Products.
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Post-installation, two new tabs: Subscription Product Configuration and Manage Seller Subscription get available under Marketplace in the back office. From these tabs, you can configure the module settings and manage the seller subscriptions.
Subscription Product Configuration
Subscription Product configuration is divided into three sections:
- General Settings
- Payment Methods
- Seller Settings
Under General Settings, you can:
- Show or hide the subscribe button on the ‘quick view’ popup.
- Customize the text of the subscribe button.
- Set the number of days prior to delivery date to create the order.
Under this section, you can view a list of all the payment methods of the store. You can enable some of them for the subscription products. The selected payment methods will be available to customers on the checkout page for the payment of the subscription products.
Note: Before choosing the payment method for the subscription product, make sure that they support recurring payments.
- Allow seller to configure send Email – If set yo YES, then sellers can configure whether to send an email notification to the customers when they subscribe to the product.
- Allow seller to configure cancel subscription – If set yo YES, then the sellers can configure whether to allow customers to cancel their subscription.
- Configure virtual products – If set yo YES, then the sellers can configure virtual product setting for subscription. Kindly note that in order to use this feature, you need to install our Prestashop Marketplace Virtual Product module.
- Configure pack products – If set yo YES, then the sellers can configure pack product setting for subscription. To enable this feature, you need to install our Prestashop Marketplace Pack Product module.
Seller End Workflow
Post-installation, a new tab Subscription gets available in the Edit Profile section of seller’s account. From here, a seller can:
- Choose to send an email notification to customers regarding their subscription.
- Allow or restrict the customers to cancel their subscription.
- Choose whether he wants to apply subscription on the virtual and pack products.
Setup Subscription on Products
To set subscription on the products, a seller needs to go to the Subscription Product tab on the add/update product page. Under the Subscription Product tab, a seller can activate the product for subscription and select the frequency of the delivery of the product he wants to offer to his customers.
For example, the seller wants his customers to choose only daily and weekly delivery of the product. Then, he needs to enable daily and weekly cycles only.
Also, seller can select the frequency he wants his customers to choose for the delivery. Say, the seller wants his customers to choose every 3 days and every 2 weeks. Then, he need to tick the boxes representing these cycles. So, these option appear to the customers at the product page.
Once the subscription is created, the seller can view it under Subscription Products tab of Seller Subscription section. From here, the seller can:
- View the number of subscriber who have subscribed to the product.
- View the quantity of products subscribed by the customers.
- Enable or disable the product subscription.
- View delivery cycles offered on the product.
- Edit subscription.
- A new order is created for every subscription cycle (like weekly, monthly, etc).
- An email notification is sent to the customer on placing an order for subscription product.
- Also, an email notification is sent to the customer for subscription renewal.
Front End Workflow
When a customer visits the product page, he can view two options. The first option is to facilitate the subscription process and the second one is for ordering the product normally.
Now, in order to subscribe the product, a customer must select the “Subscribe” option using radio button. Upon selecting the Subscribe option, two new options to choose delivery frequency & the first delivery date will appear. A customer need to select the delivery frequency out of available options & the first delivery date to proceed further.
Please note that a customer can select any date from the next 7 days as first delivery date.
After selecting the above details, a customer can click on the “Add to cart” button. On clicking the “Add to Cart” button, cart popup window will appear on the screen
Checkout process of subscription product
On the cart page, two new buttons get available. Let’s understand the working of each button one by one.
- Cross Button: On clicking this button, a customer can remove the subscription of this product from the cart. And, later he/she can choose to order it as a normal product.
- View Button: Customers can click this button to proceed to edit or view the subscription details of the product.
On clicking the “View” button, a popup appears on the screen. Here, a customer can view or edit the subscription details. In case, if a customer updates the subscription details then he/she should make sure to click the “Update” button afterwards.
Placing the order of subscription product
Now, a customer need to follow the standard Prestashop procedure to place the order.
Once the customer has placed an order, he can view short details of subscription on the Order Confirmation Page. Apart from this, a customer can also choose to view subscription information in detail by clicking on the “View Details” button.
Subscription product details page
On clicking the “View Details” button, the following page will open. Here, the customer can view the details like delivery frequency, address, shipping method, etc.
Post-installation, a new tab “My Subscriptions” gets available in the customer’s account. From this tab, a customer can view a list of products he has subscribed to.
- The subscription will automatically renew if a customer doesn’t cancel it manually beforehand.
- A customer can subscribe to only one product at a time.
- If admin disables or deletes the subscription product, then all subscriptions will be canceled automatically.
Under Subscribers tab, a seller can view a list of all the customers who have subscribed to his products. Also, total number of products subscribed and total quantity of these products subscribed are displayed here.
On clicking the view button, seller can view the name of the product to which the customer has subscribed to and delivery frequency.
After clicking on the view button, a seller can view subscribed products of the customer and details like subscription date, first delivery & the delivery dates thereafter.
This section contains the list of all the orders placed for subscription products. Please note that it does not contain the list of the order of normal products. However, you can go to the order details page of any specific order by clicking on the view button.
Under the ‘scheduled orders’, a seller can view the upcoming deliveries or the orders whose delivery is due/in near future. Also, the seller can know the upcoming delivery date of the subscribed product along with the name of the subscriber.
Manage Seller Subscription
On the admin’s end, a new tab “Manage Seller Subscription” is added to view seller’s subscription products, subscribers, and their orders.
Seller Subscription Products
Under this tab, admin can view a list of products on which the sellers have set the subscription.
This tab contains a list of all the sellers whose products have been subscribed by the customers.
Admin can view a list of customers who have subscribed to the seller’s products by clicking on the View button.
By clicking on the view button, admin can view details like first delivery date of subscribed product, delivery frequency etc.
This was all about PrestashopMarketplace Subscription Products Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket or send us a mail at [email protected]
Also, please explore our Prestashop development services and vast range of quality Prestashop addons.
Current Product Version - 4.1.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x
Leave a Comment