PrestaShop Marketplace Custom Field module offers sellers of the marketplace to add & show additional information on the product & shop page.
The module offers the shop owners to let sellers use various types of fields to add information on the product page of the shop.
The following types of fields are available to add information on the product page:
- Text Area
- File Type
- Radio Button
Using the above kinds of fields, a seller can easily offer various kinds of product information to customers & increase sales.
Note: PrestaShop Marketplace Custom Field module is compatible with PrestaShop version 8.x.x.
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
Features of the PrestaShop Marketplace Custom Field module
- Admin can add custom fields on seller’s add/update product and profile page.
- Allow/Disallow sellers to edit the fields added on profile page.
- Six types of custom fields available: text, text area, checkbox, file type, radio button, and dropdown.
- Set text, email, or number to validate the fields(text and text area).
- Add custom fields(text and text area) in multi language.
- Admin can set the character limit within which the seller can enter the text in the field.
- Sellers can update the custom fields added by admin on profile page.
- Admin can set whether custom fields should be mandatory for the sellers or not.
- Admin can enable/disable and edit/delete the custom fields.
- The module is multi-shop compatible with PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace version 5.4.0/3.4.0 and above.
How to install PrestaShop Marketplace Custom Field module?
In order to install the module, you need to install the PrestaShop Advanced Multi-Vendor Marketplace module first.
After installing the marketplace module, you can now proceed to install the PrestaShop Marketplace Custom Field module.
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successfull.
How to configure the PrestaShop Marketplace Custom Field module?
Admin can allow/disallow sellers to edit the custom fields added on their profile page.
Adding Custom Fields
After the successful installation of the module, a tab “Manage Custom Fields” gets added under the “Marketplace” tab from where the admin can add and manage custom fields.
- Validation Type – Admin can set text, email, or number to validate the custom field.
- Attribute Name – In this field, admin can set a unique identity for the custom field.
After adding a custom field admin cannot change the custom field type.
Text Area Field
Adding a text area field is very similar to adding a text field. The only difference is that while adding the text area field, the admin does not have to set the validation type.
File Type Field
Radio Button Field
After adding the custom fields, the admin can view all the custom fields under the “Manage Custom Field” tab. Admin can enable/disable and edit/delete the custom fields from here.
View Custom Fields – Seller’s End
The marketplace sellers can view the custom fields added by admin on “Add/Update Product page” and “Add/Update Shop Page”.
Add/Update Product Page
Add/Update Shop Page
The seller can edit the custom fields in the seller’s profile page if enabled by admin from backend.
Front End View
Users can view the custom fields added by seller on the seller’s product page and shop page.
View Custom Fields – Admin’s End
Admin can view the information added in the custom fields by the seller on seller’s profile page or seller’s product page. Admin can edit the information provided by the seller.
So, this was all about the PrestaShop Marketplace Custom Field module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way.
Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 5.2.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x