Prestashop BitPay Payment Gateway – BitPay is a global bitcoin payment gateway through which bitcoin transactions are managed. With the help of our Prestashop BitPay Payment Gateway, admin can provide BitPay payment gateway to their buyers on their store so that buyers can use their bitcoin to purchase the products from store.
- Buyer will get Bitpay payment method at front-end.
- Buyer can use their bitcoin to complete the purchase.
- Admin can use either sandbox or live mode.
- Admin has to provide the Bitpay API keys.
- Admin has to specify the transaction speed also.
- The confirmation of payment at Bitpay depend on the transaction speed.
- Admin can view the bitcoin transaction details at back-end.
- Buyer can use bitcoin to complete purchase.
You can also configure the module by clicking on the “Configure” button place right in front of the module name.
Bitpay confirmations are based on the transaction speed –
- If the transaction speed is “Low” , then by default Bitpay take “6” confirmations to complete the bitcoin payment.
- If the transaction speed is “Medium” , then by default Bitpay takes “3” confirmations to complete the bitcoin payment.
- If the transaction speed is “High” , then by default Bitpay takes “1” confirmations to complete the bitcoin payment.
This is how admin can successfully configure the module.
How to get Api keys
To get the API keys, admin has to create their account on Bitpay.
For live credential – https://bitpay.com/
For test credential – https://test.bitpay.com/
You can sign up to https://test.bitpay.com/
After creating their account admin can visit their dashboard to get the API keys.
This is how admin can have the API keys to integrate the Bitpay with Prestashop.
Once the module is configured successfully, buyer will get the new payment method to purchase the products from store.
Note :- Buyer need to have their own bitcoin wallet app, with the help of which the transaction will be processed.
Now, buyer will use this bitcoin address on their wallet app to process the payment.
This is how a buyer can use their Bitcoin to purchase the product on admin’s store.
Now, admin can view the bitcoin transaction detail in the order details.
Remember the time taken by BitPay to complete the payment will depend on the transaction speed and admin can view statuses as paid, confirmed and complete depending on the transaction speed.
In this way admin can successfully provide Bitpay Payment Gateway to their end-users to complete the purchase using Bitcoins.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at : http://webkul.uvdesk.com/ and for any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Product Version - 4.1.0
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x