Create and Manage Membership in Odoo!
Membership is a type of business plan in which the individuals have to pay some amount of money to get the membership. After getting the membership, members can avail the benefits of the corresponding membership. If you are using membership management for your website then it will help you in many ways as it gives you a better customer base, forecasting the business.
You can implement better marketing strategies when you have a fixed customer base. So, membership management is beneficial for sellers as well as customers in many ways. Keeping all this in mind Webkul comes up with the module ‘Odoo Website Membership Management’. This module helps you to create and publish the membership products on Odoo Website.
Odoo Website Membership Management module allows you to offer membership products and services on the Odoo Website. It facilitates the customers to purchase and manage membership plans from the Odoo website. The module also provides options for auto-renewal and Trial Period while creating a membership plan which can also be customized per customer.
Moreover, the customers can cancel or update their current membership plans from their website account according to the terms & Conditions. Odoo website membership management also gives you the feature of override price and the admin can add the payment method from the backend configuration as per the requirements.
Odoo Company ? Read More
- The membership structure is configured so that membership plans can be offered to the members.
- Membership plans and products are configured from Odoo backend.
- Customers can select membership plans from the Odoo website.
- The Membership plan can also be added while creating the sales order from the sales order tab.
- Odoo User can add also add the membership products in the order lines of the Sales Order.
- After the confirmation of the Sales Quotation, membership automatically goes to In-Progress State.
- The invoices for the membership plans are automatically generated with ‘In Progress’ state.
- The customers can cancel, renew and update their plan from the Odoo website. They can see their membership history from one screen.
- Customers can select the reason at the time of cancelling any membership.
- The customer can purchase the particular membership products to activate the desired membership plans.
- Odoo user can create membership products.
- Membership Products comes under the product type “service”.
- Variants of the Membership products can be created.
- While creating membership products, you need to select membership plan
- Odoo User can create a membership plan along with its duration.
- While creating membership plans, Odoo users can select the pricelist.
- Odoo users can enable the trial period of membership plans for the customers.
- If not enabled. then the plan will be activated immediately once the order is confirmed in Odoo.
- Odoo user can manually assign a membership plan to a customer from the Odoo backend.
- Odoo user can enable auto-renewal option in a plan to automatically reactivate the plan for the particular customer upon expiration.
- The plan gets automatically activated for the customer once the order is confirmed in Odoo.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file from your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_membership_management’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘website_membership_management’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Odoo Backend Configuration
- Firstly, login to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to the ‘Website’ modules.
- Now, go to the Membership Plans under the Configuration menu and click on the Create button to create a membership plans.
- Add Plan name, Duration, Price for the plan. Moreover, You can set the plan for immediate basis or for the Trial period as well.
- You can also set the plan for Auto renewal by ticking the checkbox next to the option.
- Now, go to the Membership Reasons under the Configuration menu and click on the Create button to create the reason for membership cancellation in Odoo.
- Go to the Sales module in the Odoo Instance, click on the Settings under the Configuration menu.
- Add the Payment Method under the Membership configuration.
- Enable the Override Price CheckBox if you want to override the membership product price with price in membership plan.
Create Membership Product
- Now, click on the Products tab and create the product for the membership.
- Add product name, allowed the same for the membership by clicking on the checkbox next to Is a membership.
- Add product category, price, image and everything required to create the product.
- Create product Variants with Attributes and the corresponding values then save the product.
- You can check the Product variant of the created product by navigating the key to the product variants under the products tab.
Create Sale Order for Membership
- Now, create the sale order from the backend for the created product and then confirm the order.
- You can see that the Membership and the invoice is generated for the created sale order
- Now, go to the Membership and check the membership here.
- Here, is the Membership in the In progress status. you can also check the generated invoice of the corresponding membership.
- Here, is the membership in the cancelled state. You can also renew the cancelled membership from the Odoo Backend.
- Check the My Account in the Odoo Website. Here, you get the option of Membership, click on the Membership button.
- You don’t have any Membership. Click on the Buy Now button to buy the membership.
- Here, are the membership plans select the plan and click on the Buy Now button.
- Click on the Get membership in order to buy the membership.
- If you have a Active Membership Plan then click on the Update Membership Plan to update your plan
- You can also cancel the active plan by clicking on thr cancel membership button.
- Select the option to update the Plan and then click on the Next button.
- If you want to cancel the plan then click on the Cancel Membership button. Select the reason for cancellation and Comment and then click on the Cancel button.
- Here, is the running membership with the status and other information.
Also, REFER THE USER GUIDES OF OTHER MODULES
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13, V12, V11
Leave a Comment