Odoo Website Membership Management module allows you to build a loyal customer base by managing various membership programs for your customers. Membership programs — done right — can build lasting customer bonds.
Moreover, Membership Management in Odoo Website can help you to increase your sales by providing exclusive services and products for your member customers, which results in higher revenues.
Membership Management in Odoo Website has become easy with the help of the module. Now, you can manage membership in Odoo website with few steps which are mentioned in this user guide.
- The module installs a membership model on your Odoo.
- The admin can create and publish membership products in Odoo website.
- According to different available products and interested customers, various membership plans need to be created.
- The plans are suitably added to different membership types. The products are then published on the website.
- The customer can purchase the particular membership products to activate the desired membership plans.
- The plan gets automatically activated for the customer once the order is confirmed in Odoo.
- Alternatively, the Odoo user can manually assign a membership plan to a customer from the Odoo back end.
- The user can also enable auto-renewal option in a plan to automatically reactivate the plan for the particular customer upon expiration.
- A trial period can also be added while creating a membership plan in Odoo.
- The customers can cancel, renew and update his/her plan from the website account.
- The invoices for the membership plans are automatically generated with ‘In Progress’ state.
- Once you purchase the Module from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- website_membership_management.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. One can also activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL.
- Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search website_membership_management.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Membership Plans
Go to Website in Odoo Backend then click on the Configurations; here, you can find the option for Membership Information. Now, click on Membership plans to view all the membership plans.
2) Creating new Membership Plans
Click on the Create button to create a new membership. Now add the Membership Plan name and Plan information. Plan information consists of Duration, price, pricelist applicable and description for the plan.
Moreover, the users have two choices to set the start date of the Membership plan, that is ‘Start immediately‘ or ‘Trial Period‘.
If the User ticks the checkbox for the Trial Period then he/she needs to add the trial duration.
Note: The user can enable/disable trial period separately for specific customers while placing the membership order irrespective whether the plan contains a trial period or not.
If the user enables the Start Immediately option then the plan will be activated immediately once the order is confirmed in Odoo. This means the plan would not have any Trial period and the billing would start immediately.
3) Creating Membership Products
- Go to the products to create a new one.
- Now, you can notice an extra checkbox named ‘Is Membership Type‘. Enable it to make the product a membership product or Create Variants and enable the option for each variant.
- Then, choose a Membership plan for the product.
4) Creating Manual Membership
Odoo admin can create Membership manually for customers in the Odoo backend.
Firstly, click on the Membership tab then click on create and fill the details as per your customer’s requirements.
5) Creating Membership with Sale Order
To create a Membership with source ‘Sale Order’, Create a Sale Order with at least one membership type product in the order line. If the user confirms the Sales Quotation then membership automatically goes to In-Progress State.
Invoice generated from membership plans created will be in “Open” State.
6) Managing Membership Plans on Front End
A customer can manage the membership plans through his/her website account on the front end.
- Select My Account from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Membership tab to view and manage membership.
7) No Active Membership
- Click on to ‘Buy Membership’ to buy a membership.
- Buy the selected membership from the Membership Product Page
8) Renew/Cancel Membership
For memberships in Waiting customer can cancel his/her membership. And for Cancelled customer can Renew his/her membership.
Customer can Cancel his/her Membership for the memberships which are in Waiting State. Moreover, If the Membership of the customer is cancelled then he/she can Renew the Membership
Customer can view his/her membership history by clicking on My Membership History.
When Customer updates his/her Membership then the state will also be updated. The customer can view the same under Membership.
9) Membership Reasons
User can create Membership Cancellation Reasons template in Odoo Backend. Click on the Configuration of Website Module and a dropdown will appear. Here, click on Membership Reasons and create a new one.
In the Website frontend, Customers can select the Reason for Membership Cancellation. Additionally, they can add a comment for further clarifications.
For any kind of technical assistance, just raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/ and for any doubt contact us at email@example.com
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V12, V11