This user guide only describes the workflow of the Odoo Website Helpdesk Lock System. Read the User Guide of Odoo Website Helpdesk and Support System to know the workflow of base modules.
Sometimes, when more than one user can handle the Message thread between salesperson and customer it creates miscommunication and huge chaos. This type of mishandling leading poor customer service and delay in the ticket reply. For the continuous line of communication between the user and the client; tickets to be handle by one user only. Restrict ticket access to a specific user to minimize mishandling. This can be Possible with the ‘Odoo Website Helpdesk Lock System’.
‘Odoo Website Helpdesk Lock System’ allows user to lock his/her tickets in the Odoo. Once locked, no further changes can be made to the ticket before unlocking. Only the particular user or manager or admin can unlock a ticket. The details of the ticket lock information are also stored whih shows who last locked or unlocked the ticket with respective dates.
- The module facilitates the user to lock a helpdesk ticket in the Odoo.
- Once locked, no changes can be made to the ticket before unlocking it.
- A locked ticket can only be unlocked by the user who locked it or the Odoo admin or the Manager.
- The details of the user(s) who last locked and unlocked a ticket are also stored in the Odoo with the respective dates.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_helpdesk_lock_system’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_helpdesk_lock_system’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Firstly, login to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to the ‘Helpdesk’ module.
- Click on the ticket which you want to edit or lock.
- Click on the ‘Lock’ button to lock the ticket.
- Confirmation message to lock the ticket.
- By clicking on the ‘Lock Information’; User can check all the Ticket Lock Information.
- Login from Unauthorised user id; and try to unlock the ticket by clicking on the ‘Unlock’ button.
- Warning appears on the screen when try to edit the ticket from unauthorised user end.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Module
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues and queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13, V12