Customer Support system forms a crucial part of the organizational structure as it aims to provide post-sale assistance to the customers which in turn helps in rendering a satisfactory experience to the customers bestowing confidence in the brand. Now, use Odoo to provide Customer Support and Helpdesk system to the customers. Odoo Website Helpdesk and Support System Module allows registered customers to Raise Support Ticket On Odoo Website for any queries or grievances.
The customer can select the reason for contact from the predefined options and raise the support ticket. The Odoo user can view the support tickets in the Odoo backend and handle them accordingly. Various teams and ticket categories can be set in the backend for the customers to choose from while raising the support ticket. The customer can also view all his support tickets and track the progress of each one of them from his account.
- It lets the admin introduce and manage helpdesk/ticket support system on Odoo website.
- The customer can raise the support ticket regarding query or issue from their account about any product on the Odoo website.
- The admin can create teams to categorize and handle Support/helpdesk tickets as per the needs for faster resolution.
- The Odoo user can configure various Ticket categories and the reasons for contact in the Odoo backend. The customer can select from these predefined options while raising the Support ticket on the Odoo website.
- The admin can enable/disable Recaptcha feature in a ticket.
- Acknowledgment mail is automatically sent to the customer when the support ticket gets successfully submitted.
- The customer can track all of his Support tickets from their Odoo website account.
- The Odoo user can set the status of the support ticket to track the progress of the request.
- The Odoo user can put internal notes in the Support ticket to post updates regarding the query.
- A feedback mail is automatically sent to the customer’s email address asking for rating and review after the ticket is resolved.
Once you purchase the App from Webkul’s store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_helpdesk_system’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo add-ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_helpdesk_system’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
The following steps will provide insight into the features and working of the module:
Configuring various settings for the module
1. In the Odoo backend, a new menu- ‘Helpdesk’ is visible on the screen. Click on it.
2. Then, click on ‘Settings‘ under configuration. Here, you can configure the reCaptcha and Feedback mail template.
3. To set the reCaptcha feature, fill in the Recaptcha private key and site key. Click Save. Once set, it will display the Recaptcha to the customer while submitting the support ticket.
4. Now, click on the submenu- ‘Teams’ under Configuration. Click on ‘Create’ to create a new team to handle support tickets.
5. Fill in the Team Name and assign the manager for the team.
6. Click on Add under the field- ‘Team Members’ to add team people to the team. Click Save.
7. Now, click on Submenu- ‘Stages’ under configuration. Click on ‘Create’ to add a stage in the process of support ticket handling.
8. Enter the name of the stage, say in progress, cancelled, resolved, under repair etc as per the need. Click Save.
Setting up categories and topic for the Support tickets
1. Moving on, click on ‘Categories‘ under configuration to set support ticket categories. The customers can select from these predefined options while raising a support ticket. Click on ‘Create‘.
2. Fill in the name of the category say, physical damage, software issue, query etc.
3. Select a responsible team and responsible user to handle tickets for this category. Click Save.
4. Now, click on submenu-‘Topics’. Topics act as a sub-category to the tickets to further detail the type of issue or query. Click on ‘Create‘.
5. Enter the name of the topic. Then, select the appropriate category for the topic. Click Save.
How to Raise Support ticket on Odoo Website
1. Customers need to register on the Odoo website to raise any ticket to the support team. Go to the Odoo website. Log in to the website account.
2. Click on Helpdesk menu at the top right corner of the screen.
3. Then Click on ‘Create a Ticket’.
4. Enter the Customer’s name, Email Address, and phone number.
5. Now, select the category from the list already saved at the Odoo backend. Then, select the relevant topic for the ticket.
6. Write the appropriate subject and enter the description of the issue or query. Add a file, if any. Submit the ticket.
7. Once a ticket is successfully submitted, the customer receives the confirmation mail on his email address.
8. All the tickets raised by the customer can be viewed by clicking on All tickets. Moreover, The admin can view tickets from all the customers.
Handling Support Tickets In the Odoo backend
1. In the Odoo backend, navigate Through Helpdesk >> Tickets. Open any ticket to view the details.
2. The status of a support ticket can be changed as per the progress in the process.
3. Once the customer’s query is resolved, click on ‘Resolve’ tab on the top left corner.
4. Select the current stage of the ticket. You also need to provide a reason for resolving the ticket.
5. After mentioning the reason, click on resolve now to close the ticket.
6. Once a ticket is resolved, a feedback mail is automatically sent to the customer asking to rate the service provided by the Helpdesk and support team.
Was this article helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V11