The User Guide describes the workflow of Odoo Website Custom Options only. To know how the base module: Odoo Product Custom Options works; kindly refer the User Guide Of Odoo Product Custom Options.
Now, offer product variations to the customers without even managing the variants. Odoo Website Custom Options allows you to show product variations in the website without even managing the stock of each variation.
Let’s know Odoo Website Custom Options better with an example:
Suppose, you are running a bakery; in this case, there are multiple possible combinations. For example; a customer wants to select the flavor and size of the cake; add a message to the cake, etc. Now, it is really impossible to create variants with all these combinations.
Here comes the role of Odoo Website Custom Options; set unique inputs for different products like dropdown, multi-select, checkboxes and even file upload for perfectly customized customer experience.
- No need to manage the stock for variants of a product separately.
- It provides a simple interface to add custom options of the product on the website product page.
- Custom options will be shown just like the variant attribute selection.
- Set appropriate input method such as the dropdown menu, radio button, enter time, date text or upload a file to add a custom option in an order line.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_custom_options’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_custom_options’.You will be able to see the module in the search result.
- Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1) Login to your Odoo database and go to the website module.
2) Now select any product or create a new one; go to the “Custom Options” tab
3) Here, you can create multiple custom options; a pop up will be generated to create the option
Just enter your email below to subscribe and receive weekly updates about the most interesting similar articles.
Share article viaSignUp Again
4) Once done save the changes and login to the Odoo website as a customer;
5) Open any product which has custom options configured and select the variation even when you are not managing variants in the backend.
Hope you find the guide helpful!
Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11