Rounding off helps to simplify financial reports!
This is undoubtedly crucial for all businesses to keep financial records and produce financial statements.
As the figures are usually rounded to a more appropriate interval in order to maintain the important figures and make the statements easier to read. Similarly, in Point Of Sale, rounding off the difference to the nearest cents is one of the key concerns.
Therefore, we have come up with the “Odoo POS Rounding Off Amount” module facilitates the POS users to round off the price of orders in Point of Sale during the payment. Moreover, the POS can also round off the amount automatically.
1. Odoo POS Rounding Off Amount module helps to round off the amount of orders in Point of Sale.
2. The journal entries are managed automatically.
3. The module allows the POS user to round off the amount in POS with both options as manually and automatically.
4 The user can enable or disable automatic rounding from the backend.
5. The payment method appears on the payment screen when the order is validated in POS.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo POS Rounding Off Amount module From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_rounding”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_rounding”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Initially, login to your Odoo database and navigate in the POS app.
2. Now, navigate in “Payment Methods” under the Configuration tab.
3. Here, click on the “Rounding” option from the list below.
4. Enable the Used For Rounding option to use this payment method in POS.
Moreover, make it visible in POS and set the rounding value.
5. Here, enable the “Allow Automatic Rounding” after which, whenever the user click on this payment method, a rounding payment line with a rounding amount will automatically be added if no rounding payment line exists for the order.
6. Moving on, start any POS session you want.
7. Click on the Rounding option to add a payment line for rounding off. In this case, the required amount has a lesser number than 5 so the tendered value is positive as per the rounding off rule.
8. Similarly, in this case, the required amount has a higher number than 5 so the tendered value is negative as per the rounding off rule.
9. When the POS user enables the Automatic Rounding then by clicking the corresponding payment method, the rounding payment line with the rounding amount is automatically added.
10. Rounding off amount on the order receipt.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.1
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11, V10, V9, V8