Are you thinking of implementing barcode technology in your business? Or already using it.
The businesses usually face problems in creating accountability throughout the supply chain and driving efficiencies throughout their operation without implementing the barcodes technology.
Now eliminate all possible human efforts, and become versatile while doing business.
Barcodes can also help you to keep a better inventory of your products, if you have a large product line. The bar-code technology lets you track all materials received instantly, stored, and shipped. Cashier can view all information about the product and its inventory quite quickly!
While working in POS, the user needs a detailed description of the products he/she scans. Hence, to work in such a scenario with efficiency, we are coming up with the “Odoo POS Barcode Screen” module which facilitates a cashier to view full detailed information about the scanned product. Moreover, the module provides an additional barcode screen to view scanned products in POS, cahier can hide the barcode screen and remain visible at any point of time.
1. Odoo POS barcode screen module provides an additional barcode screen for scanned products.
2. This barcode screen can be opened and closed anytime.
3. The cashier can view a detailed description of the product on the barcode screen.
4. A POS user can select any product from the list of scanned products and view the product’s image and general information in the POS running session.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo POS Barcode Screen module From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_barcode_screen”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_barcode_screen”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Firstly login to your Odoo database and go to the POS app.
2. Now click on the ellipsis and navigate to settings of any POS session you want.
3. Now scroll down to the “POS Interface” section and mark the Show Barcode Screen option true.
4. Let’s launch the POS session; then, click on ‘Barcode Logo’ to switch to the barcode screen; after that, an additional screen will appear.
5. Moreover, you can close the barcode screen to view the POS normal screen by clicking on the same.
6. While adding the product in the cart, a different screen is displayed which comprises all the details of the product in a detailed form. Moreover, by clicking on the triple bar you can make the cart screen larger.
7. Select any product from the product list in the barcode screen, then the screen will display will show the product image in the order line along with its description.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at Support@webkul.com
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11