Many a times, POS users try to open POS sessions in multiple tabs and in incognito mode of the browser. Odoo POS Prevent Session in Incognito Mode module will avert the POS user to open the POS session in incognito mode. However, this module can also enable/disable access to Odoo POS Session in incognito mode. Addedly, POS user can not resume an already running POS session as well.
This module is compatible with multiple browsers. Odoo POS Prevent Session in Incognito Mode can restrict the user to open POS session with popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Whenever, a POS user attempts to open the POS session in incognito mode, then a warning pop-up will be displayed to restrict the POS user
- Prevents Odoo POS session to run In Incognito Mode
- Simple Single-Step Configuration:
- Just tick/untick the checkbox to configure the module
- It helps to display a warning message if the user tries to start/resume POS Session in Incognito Mode.
- Multi-Browser Compatibility
- Compatible with multiple browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, etc.
1) Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_prevent_session_incognito‘.
3) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_prevent_session_incognito‘.
7) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Login to your Odoo Database.
- Open the POS configuration settings, enable the Boolean field prevent POS from run in incognito.
- Enable the Check-box to prevent the user from opening the Odoo POS session using incognito window in his/her browser.
- Whenever a user tries to open POS session in the incognito window, then a warning message will popup to restrict the user.
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13 & V12