It is time to come out of the traditional and costlier way to print Odoo POS order receipts! Now, you can use Odoo POS Network Printer module to print POS Order Receipts.
By default, if you want to print POS order receipts in Odoo you require POS Box for the printer to work. Now you can use POS Network Printer module to print POS Order receipts without using POS Box.
This module allows the POS user to configure the POS Network Printer or Epson Standard Code (ESC) printers with Odoo POS. It also helps to send automatic print commands to the configured network printer. This plugin quintessentially requires QZ Tray Client to print the POS Order Receipt.
Moreover, the connectivity status of the ESC/POS network printer is visible in the live POS session. Isn’t it just a convenient & lucrative way to print the POS Order Receipts sans expensive POS Box!
- The module aids the POS user to print the POS Order receipts without using POS Box!
- It is a cost effective & a faster way to print the order receipts without using POS Box.
- POS User can easily configure the ESC/POS Network printer with Odoo POS.
- POS user only need to install QZ Tray Client to send the print command.
- The name of the printer can be set in Odoo POS configuration settings.
- Connectivity status of Network Printer is also visible in live POS session.
- Once you purchase the Module from Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_pos_network_printer’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. One can also activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL.
- Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_pos_network_printer’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Login to your Odoo Database.
- Firstly, Open the POS configuration settings, then under the IoT Box / Hardware Proxy section user shall enable the network printer setting. Also, the user can specify the name of ESC/Network printer.
Once the ESC/Network printer is configured, then make sure QZ Tray is also installed & connected. Then when the order is validated at the POS End, a pop up will appear to send the command to print receipts automatically.
- A POS user can reprint the order receipts from the receipt screen using this module.
ESC/POS Network Printer Connection Status: POS automatically connects to the configured printer when it is loaded. There is a connection notification icon that the user can check for the connection status. POS User can also click on the connection notification icon if he wishes to refresh the connection.
Test your connection Status
Following are the possible connection statuses:
a. Connected To The Specified Printer
b. Connected To QZ Tray
You can also check: Odoo Print Odoo Reports via Zebra Printer
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo v12