In business, we generally avoid keeping records of internal transactions, which ultimately leads to creating big troubles.
Similarly, when you run a store, you need to track each and every transaction made so that transparency stays to calculate the return of investment.
A proper cash control also helps in analyzing the cash flow which is important to stay on top of changing cash trends. If you are using Odoo POS to run your offline store then you don’t need to worry about cash control.
Now, with the help of our Odoo POS Cash Control module you can not only manage cash flow; but you can also manage internal transactions more efficiently in running POS.
Additionally, you can also supervise the record of keeping the cash, taking out cash, set-closing balance, and track payment all in the running POS session.
1. The Odoo POS Cash Control module facilitates you to manage the cash in and cash out hassle-freely.
2. You can make the entries of cash in and cash out, in the running POS session.
3. Also make the entries while keeping the money in the cash register along with the reason
4. Make entries while taking out money with the reason.
5. Track the payments of the POS session.
6. You can also set the closing cash.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo POS Cash Control module From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “pos_cash_control”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “pos_cash_control”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Initially, login to your Odoo database, and navigate to the Point Of Sale application.
2. Now, navigate to the settings of the Point Of Sale by clicking on the ellipsis.
3. Here scroll down under the ‘Cash Control’ section, make the checkbox as true. Here, you can also define the default Opening cash.
4. Now, you can launch the Point Of Sale session.
5. You can manage the cash control in the running POS session, simply click on the given ‘Cash Control’ button.
6. You can perform multiple things on the POS front-end as well,
- The user can put the cash in and take the cash out from the drawer
- The POS user can also set-closing balance on the POS session as well.
- Also, the user can see transactions/payments of this POS session.
7. The user can enter the amount and mention the reason in order to put the cash in the drawer and click on the cash in button.
8. Similarly, for taking cash out, the user need to enter the amount and mention the reason.
9. The user can set the closing balance in the running POS.
10. In payment, the summary of the transactions can be viewed.
11. Moreover, the details/record of the POS Cash In & Cash Out can be seen in the back-end as well. Navigate to the ‘POS Cash In/Out’ under the ‘Order’ tab.
12. Here, all the performed cash ins and cash outs will be shown.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13