Security always plays a crucial role in a business; irrespective of the size of the type of business you are doing.
If you manage or own a retail store at a shopping center, you might have to face some issues in security.
As you deal with multiple POS in your business. Similarly, the cashier working on the POS. In such a scenario, you as an admin or manager needs to assign the different POS sessions to the different employees/cashier accordingly. So that you can boost security.
We have come up with the “Odoo Restrict User to Default POS” module which lets a POS manager restrict the POS user to their default Point Of Sale. Additionally, in this way, the manager can allow a user to access only one particular POS to keep things sorted out. Only the manager can view all POS(s) in the system.
1. The Odoo restrict user to default POS module helps in boosting the security in your business.
Odoo Company ? Read More
2. The manager can restrict access and allow a particular user/cashier to view his own Point Of Sale.
3. Only the manager can view all POS(s) in the system.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo Restrict User To Default POS From Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- “wk_user_default_pos”.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open on the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search “wk_user_default_pos”.
7.) Now you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Initially, login to your Odoo database and navigate in “Settings”.
2. Now, go to the “Users” under the Users & Companies tab.
3. Click on any user name out of the list of users that you want to restrict to default POS.
4. Now, under the Access Rights tab, navigate in Point Of Sale User here choose which access rights you want to give to the user i.e. Manager or User.
5. Choose “User” access from the drop-down next to Point Of Sale field.
6. Here, navigate in Point of Sale tab. Then, from Default Point Of Sale field choose the POS session to which you want to allow access to this user. Then save it.
7. Now, this user can only view & use the assigned Point Of Sale.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Was this article helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11, V10, V9