Note: The User Guide describes the workflow of Odoo Marketplace Seller Auction only. To know how the base module: Odoo Multi-Vendor Marketplace and Odoo Website Auction works; kindly refer to the User Guide Of Odoo Multi-Vendor Marketplace and Odoo Website Auction.
Before we get to know about the module, let us know about the term Bidding. Bidding is an offer to set a price tag by an individual or a seller for their products or services. Customers can bid for that product and the winner can buy the product on that bid amount. This bidding process lets many Marketplace sellers gain an immense amount of profits easily. So, Odoo Marketplace Seller auction allows your Marketplace sellers to add auction on any of their products of marketplace.
With the help of this module, you can easily host an online auction on your Odoo website. The module incorporates a strategy that lets you boost up your revenues. The bidding strategy can pump the urge to win the bid in your customers, which lets you blow out the competition with the help of a vigorous online auction strategy.
- The Odoo Marketplace Seller Auction module allows you to host an online auction on the Odoo Marketplace.
- You can configure the rules for the online auction in the backend.
- Sellers can set bid increment rules for the customers for placing a simple auto-bid.
- You can set various prices like reserve price, initial price, and buy now price for the auction product.
- The module even allows you to set countdown timer displaying the time for an auction to start, the time left for an auction, and the extended time on the Odoo Marketplace product page.
- You can also allow notifications sent to the customers for events like auction start, end, the new bid placed, winner name, etc.
- The bidders just need to subscribe to an auction to get the notifications.
- The customers can place a simple or auto-bid for an auction.
- The next auto-bid suggested for a customer on its device screen is not visible to other customers.
- Customers can view the details like current bid, total bids placed for the respective auction, etc.
- Admin can view the details of all the bids placed for a product and the auction subscribers in the Odoo backend.
- A customer can view all the information about his/her bid history about all the auctions, current active bids, successfully won auctions, and unsuccessful auctions through his account.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘marketplace_seller_auction’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘marketplace_seller_auction’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Login as admin and follow the steps below:
- Once the installation is completed, visit the Seller Dashboard app and follow the path Configuration>> Settings.
- Under Miscellaneous tab, tick the checkbox to allow seller auction on the Marketplace.
- Now, follow the path Auction>> Working Auction.
- Here, you can see the list of all the working Auctions of your sellers. Click on the ‘Create‘ button to create a new working auction.
- Now enter the details of the auction. You can configure auction as per the requirement. Define different fields like choose product name, price configurations, auction time interval, buy now option, etc.
- Define an extended time period for a defined auction and also define what bid increment rule will be followed. After this, you need to confirm this auction and add the bid increment rule.
- Notification menu: You can also configure the notifications for an auction and can also define the time threshold for the particular notification.
- Under the Product option, define the product information which you want to display.
- Now, follow the path Auction>>Completed Auctions.
- Here, you can see the list of all the completed auctions of different sellers of your Marketplace. You can even create and confirm the auction as per your wish.
- You can even view the completed auction in detail as shown below.
- Now, follow the path Auction>> Increment Rules.
- Here, you can see the list of all the increment rules. Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new increment rule.
- Create a new bid increment rule as shown below and save it.
- Sellers can also create an auction from the Odoo backend. So, login as a seller and follow the steps below.
- Follow the path Seller Dashboard>>Auction>>Working Auction. You will be able to see the list of the seller’s auction. Now, create a new working auction as shown below.
- The seller can enter the details of the auction. A seller can select their own products and define the rules for bidding.
- They can click to confirm this auction, and also he can add the bid increment rule.
- The seller can view here all the completed/closed/soldout auction records from the menu of Completed Auction.
- They can also view here all the bidding increment rules
- On the frontend of the website, customers can view auction details prior to the auction starts, they can also view the time after which the auction is activated for bidding. Once the auction is set to run, the website user can start bidding for the product. There are two ways of bidding a simple bid and auto bid.
- A customer can view all the auction details in the ‘My Account’ section. Also, the customer can add a product to the cart from here if the auction is won by him.
- Therefore, you can allow auction on your Marketplace.
OTHER RELATED MODULES FOR ODOO
- Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager
- Marketplace Advance Commission
- Odoo Marketplace Custom Product Tabs
- Odoo Marketplace Seller Slider
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
Odoo Company ? Read More
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0