Odoo Website Auction: Make your customers bid for their necessities!!
Bidding is an offer to set a price tag by an individual or business for a product or service or a demand that something is done. Bidding on a product by customers can make you gain good profits. Odoo website auction allows you to sell website products through online auctions.
With the help of this module, you can easily host online auction on your Odoo website. The bidding can be set by you from the backend of the Odoo webiste app. The website product page shows the various details like the duration of the auction and current bid. Your customers can even check their bidding history, current active bids and won auctions in their account.
- The module allows you to host an online auction on the Odoo website.
- You can easily configure the rules for the online auction from the Odoo website app backend.
- Customers can set bid increment rules for the customers for placing a simple auto-bid.
- The module allows you to set various prices like reserve price, initial price, and buy now price for the auction product.
- You are also allowed to set countdown timer displaying the time for an auction to start, the time left for an auction, and the extended time on the Odoo website product page.
- You can also allow notifications sent to the customers for events like auction start, end, the new bid placed, winner name, etc.
- The bidders just need to subscribe to an auction to get the notifications.
- The customers can place a simple or auto-bid for an auction.
- The next auto-bid suggested for a customer on its device screen is not visible to other customers.
- Customers can view the details like current bid, total bids placed for the respective auction, etc.
- You can view the details of all the bids placed for a product and the auction subscribers in the Odoo backend.
- Customers can view all the information about his/her bid history about all the auctions, current active bids through their accounts.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘website_auction’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘website_auction’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Auction Module Configuration
- Once the installation is finished, visit the Odoo website app backend.
- Click on the ‘Webkul Website Addons‘ button as shown below.
- Under the ‘Sales Promotion‘ tab, click on the ‘Configuration‘ button besides ‘Website Auction‘ option.
- Here, set all the Configuration according to your wish and save it.
Auction Types and their Configurations
- Once saved the configuration, go to Auction>> Working Auction to create a new Auction.
- Here you will see the lIst of all the working auctions. Click on the ‘Create‘ button to create a new working auction.
- Here, you can define different fields like product name, price configurations, auction time interval, buy now option, etc.
- You can set an extended time period for an auction and also define bid increment rule to follow.
- Here, add the Bid Increment Rules as shown in the screenshot below.
- Here, select the Bid Increment rules accordingly.
- The Notifications can be configured for an auction and can also define the time threshold for the particular notification.
- You will be able to view Bidding Information like current bid, total bids of an auctioned product.
- The product information can also be viewed of the auctioned product while creating a new auction.
- The status of of all the working auctions and their current bids can be seen as shown in the screenshot below..
- Moving further, click on Auction > Increment rules to create and to define the bid increment rules.
- You will be able to see the list of all the Bid Increment rules as shown below. Click on the ‘Create‘ button to create a new Bid Increment Rule.
- Fill all the relevant details asked to create a new Bid Increment rule and save it.
- After that, follow the path Auction>Auction Bidders.
- Here, you can view the list of all bidders and the details of the auction for which they have placed the bids.
- To view the list of Auction Subscribers, follow the path Auction> Auction Subscribers.
- You can view the list of subscribers and their auction for which they have subscribed from the frontend of the website
- After that, follow the path Auction> Completed Auction as shown below.
- Here, you can view the list of completed auctions i.e with status as running, finished, closed.
- Visit the frontend of the Odoo website app and click on the ‘Shop‘ button.
- Select the product the customer wish to bid for.
- Here you can see the bidding option as shown below. You can select the Bid Type and bid as per your wish.
- Before the auction, users can view Auction Details on the website.
- After that, click on Auction Details link, you can check respective auction details
- You can extend the auction time from the backend and get more and more bids.
- Click on the ‘Subscribe Watchlist‘ link to subscribe to get updates about auction state and bids.
- After that, you can set the price of the product for the Buy Now option at the backend.
- Simple Bid: The user can use the simple/non-recurring bid for one-time bidding.
- The Auto Bid option saves customer time by setting his max reserve bids for the future. The auto bids amount is non-disclosive to other bidders.
- After that, you will receive a successful submission message on the submission of the bid.
- Users can view all their auction details like Won Auction, Active Bids, and Bids History under their account.
- As a result, you will be able to to perform online auction on your website
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - Odoo V13, V12, V11
Supported Framework Version - 1.0.0