Hermes Shipping is counted as one of the fastest domestic and international delivery service companies. Now, you can also integrate Hermes with your Odoo with the help of Odoo Hermes Shipping Integration.
All you need to do is configure Hermes to your Odoo so that your customers can choose it as a delivery option. Odoo Hermes Shipping Integration also permits real-time shipment generation from Hermes in Odoo.
Hermes Shipping Integration in Odoo is a perfect solution for all your logistic business problems. Once you integrate it with Odoo then your customers can select it as a delivery carrier then the delivery price will be automatically calculated and added to the order.
- Integrate Hermes with Odoo
- Fetch Shipping label from Hermes to Odoo
- Switch between test and production environment in Hermes post-delivery method
- Set Hermes post Delivery Method in Sales Order in Odoo Backend
- Let website users choose Hermes delivery method while checkout on Odoo Website
- Submit order information and confirm the order in Hermes by validating delivery order
- Fetch Commercial invoice from Hermes for international shipment
- Fetch Order Tracking number from Hermes to Odoo and send Order Tracking Link to the customer via email automatically
- Generate a comprehensive Shipping Report
- Fetch shipping cost from Hermes and display it in Sale Order or to the customer on Odoo Website
- Supports integration of multiple Hermes accounts with a single Odoo Environment
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘hermes_delivery_carrier’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open on Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘hermes_delivery_carrier’.You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE USING HERMES SHIPPING INTEGRATION MODULE
Please keep the following points in mind to prevent getting an error message while placing a delivery with Hermes Shipping Integration Carrier:
1.) Valid Credentials
Please use the correct Hermes Courier credentials to configure the module to successfully generate the shipment in the Odoo backend and on the website.
2.) Correct destination and sender address
The addresses entered in the order for both user/receiver and warehouse/sender should be valid entries to process the shipping successfully. The addresses and range from the source to the destination would depend upon the type of service availed from Hermes Shipping by the Odoo admin.
3.) A non-zero weight of the package
The product added to Hermes Post Shipping should not have zero as the listed weight in the Odoo otherwise the shipment generation request returns an error from Hermes Shipping. To avoid this, the admin can also set a default weight to be automatically sent to the Hermes Shipping in case of the product in case the listed weight is zero.
4.) You need to put the product in a pack to generate a shipping label.
Configuring Hermes Shipping Carrier Service in Odoo
1) Login to your Odoo database and go to the Inventory;
2) Now, click on the “Configuration Tab” to go to the Delivery Methods
3) Click on the “Create Button” to create a Delivery Method.
4) Here, select the provider as Hermes. Then, set the integration level for the module- ‘Get Rate and Create Shipment’.
5) You can restrict the Hermes delivery carrier to preferred countries, states or zip codes using the menu- Destination availability.
6) After that, click on Extra to set the default values of different constraints. The chosen values would be automatically picked by the order to send to Hermes Delivery in case one or more of fields are not set while placing the order.
7) Now, go to the “Hermes Credentials” Tab and enter the Hermes credentials i.e. User Name and Password.
8) You need to publish the delivery method to make it available on the website.
Odoo Website frontend
9) Add any product to the cart and proceed to checkout.
10) On the Payment Page, select Hermes Delivery as the delivery method. Once selected the price shipping price is automatically calculated and added to the total cart value.
11) Click on the “Pay Now” button to place the order
In the Odoo Backend
12) Now, go to the Odoo Backend and open the order you placed from the frontend. Here, you can see the one order line for “Hermes”
13) Now, Click on the delivery tab on the top-right side which has a truck-like icon.
14) Click on the “Put in Pack button” to create the packages
15) Now, click on the “Validate” button to validate the delivery
16) Once done, you can find the Hermes shipping label in the log section below.
Also, refer the user guides of other shipping integration modules:
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module then please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/
For any doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V12