“Add to wishlist” and “Save for later” both are the best ways to reduce shopping cart abandonment on eCommerce site.
Currently, there have several eCommerce sites who are using these features but there has less number of eCommerce sites who are using both features together because they are not able to differentiate between both features.
This article will clear all doubts related to both features.
Wishlist is basically a personal shopping bag which helps to store items that customers are willing to buy. It helps to store items which customer likes but don’t want to buy at the same time.
For more info about wishlist please refer to the https://webkul.com/blog/odoo-product-wishlist/
Save For Later
- A logged in customer can save items inside later list.
- A customer can save items along with its quantity.
- The list is present along with cart list. So the customer doesn’t miss any of their favorites.
Advantages Of “Save For Later”
There have several advantages of this feature.
- It promotes customer to purchase their favorites.
e.g: Few items are present inside customer’s list. Then it will forcefully remind customers to purchase these items. As the list is present along with shopping cart.
- Customers spend more when a store has this feature.
- The average abandoned cart rate is between 50 to 80% for an e-commerce store.
- E-commerce owner tries several ways to remind the customer about that cart.
- Like cart reminder, wishlist etc.
- As this feature forcefully reminds about the cart that’s why it helps to increase the productivity of e-commerce owner.
- It helps to save product quantity along with the product. So whenever the customer is willing to buy then he/she don’t need to update quantity.
COMPARISON BETWEEN “WISHLIST” AND “SAVE FOR LATER”
- “Save for later” is probably the most business driving option.
- Even wishlist might be something people are not viewing very option.