Whether you have a restaurant or an offline store, the speed of your service always attracts your customers. If you are not fast enough in attending to your customers & receiving their orders, they perceive you are less active and attentive towards them. Which eventually results in losing customer retention.
Similarly, in the Odoo POS by default, only product variants are shown instead of product templates in the product list. Thus, the cashier is not aware of which product variant is associated with which product template. Which sometimes leads to inefficiency at your store.
Therefore, to improve your performance at POS, we have come up with the Odoo POS Product Variants module. The module facilitates you to show the product templates instead of product variants. When you will click on any product template on POS, a popup will appear showing all the variants associated with that product template. If a template doesn’t have any variants associated, then you can directly make the order.
1. The module improves your ordering process in POS.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
2. The Odoo POS Product Variants module helps in showing the product templates instead of product variants.
3. POS user can see all the associated product variants by clicking on the template on POS.
4. If any of the templates doesn’t have associated variants, the POS user can directly make the order in POS.
5. There are Plus & Minus buttons on the variants window, clicking them the POS user can increase or decrease the quantity to sell.
1.) Once you purchase the Odoo POS Product Variants module from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
2.) Extract the file from your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- wk_pos_product_variants.
3.) Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
4.) Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
5.) Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List’.
6.) In the search bar, remove all the filters and search wk_pos_product_variants.
7.) You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Login to your Odoo database, & navigate to Point Of Sale application.
2. Now, go to the ‘Products’ and open a product template which has associated variants.
3. In this product there are six variants associated.
4. Now, you can launch a POS session.
5. Here, if you click on a product template, a new pop-up will arise.
6. On this pop-up, all the associated variants are shown, you can click on any to add into the cart.
7. There are Plus & Minus buttons on the variants window, clicking them you can increase or decrease the quantity to sell.
8. If there’s a product which has no associated variants, if you click on it, the product will be added into the cart directly.
Also Read The User Guides For The Other Modules
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14