Chrome Auto Login for WooCommerce allows the customers to log in automatically into a website without having to enter passwords each time a customer visits a store.
It is likely that a customer may tend to forget passwords. The Chrome Auto Login for WooCommerce saves the customer’s accounts and seeks permission to save the password associated with the account.
This way the customer will have to simply select an account and log in and access the store. There is no need to enter the password as Chrome already saves it for automatic login.
Therefore remembering passwords for different websites is not a concern anymore. One can simply save the accounts and the password associated with the account.
Check the plugin overview video mentioned below –
- Allows the customers to login into a store, automatically.
- A hassle-free process as the customers will not have to remember passwords everytime they log in.
- Multiple account credentials can be saved by customers.
- Customers can view and delete the saved passwords.
- Supports and works well with the latest Google Chrome web browser.
- The website associated with the auto sign in must be HTTP secure(https).
The user will get a zip file which needs to be uploaded in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel.
For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and in the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option select the “Add New” option.
After this, the user will see an option on the top of the page that is “Upload Plugin”, click the option to upload the zip file.
On clicking the “Upload Plugin” option, the user will see a “Choose File” button. Click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the image below.
After browsing the file, click on the “Install Now” button so as to install the plugin as per the snapshot.
Once the user installs the plugin, a message “Plugin installed successfully” displays and an “Activate Plugin” is visible to activate the plugin. The user needs to click on the “Activate Plugin” button to activate the plugin.
Creating Project Credentials
To use this plugin, you must have API Project Credentials. Google API Project Credentials are essential to configure this plugin. Please click here to create a new project with your Gmail account.
2. Select “OAuth client ID” from the list.
5. The user must ensure that the Manage password and the Auto Sign-in is set to “ON” for the Chrome Browser.
After successful installation and retrieving the API credentials, the admin can configure Chrome Auto Login plugin by navigating through “Chrome Smart Lock > Google Smart Lock settings”.
The admin will configure the Google smart Lock settings as follows:
- API Key- The admin adds the API Key which is retrieved from the Google Account.
- Client ID- The Client ID credentials are received from the Google Account.
- Menu Configuration- The list of saved accounts will display in the frontend on clicking the menu option which is chosen under the Menu Configuration tab in the admin panel.
- Enable/ Disable- The admin can choose to enable or disable the Chrome Auto Login for WooCommerce plugin.
Through Chrome Auto Login for WooCommerce, the login process becomes easy for the customers.
The first time the customer will have to log in, the usual way- by simply entering the credentials as shown in the image. On entering the credentials, a pop-up will display as shown in the image below. On clicking the “Save” button, chrome will save the credentials for the website.
After the customer has logged in to the frontend, the customer may click on the menu tab configured by the admin under “Menu Configuration” tab.
For instance, the admin has chosen ‘My Account’ against the “Menu Configuration” tab in the admin panel.
In the frontend, as the customer clicks on the ‘My Account’ tab, a pop-up displays, showing a list of saved accounts. From the given list of saved accounts, a customer can choose a saved account and log in.
That’s all for the Chrome Auto Login for WooCommerce. Still, have an issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - WooCommerce 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 3.3.x, 3.4.x