MultiVendor Marketplace for Shopify has come up with a functionality that allows an admin to add metadata to his store’s custom seller domain. In short, the admin can now add a meta page title, meta description, and OG image for the seller login & seller sign-up pages.
If you want to know how you can customize the seller login URL/seller subdomain & enable SSL for the same then please click here.
Once you are done customizing the seller domain, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit Multivendor Marketplace Admin Panel
- Hover over the Configuration menu
- Click on Metadata Configuration from the drop-down options
- On the redirected page, click on + Add Metadata
- This action will give you a dialogue box where you need to add the following details:
- Select Page: Select whether you want to add metadata for the seller login page or seller signup page.
- Enter Meta Title
- Enter Meta Description
- Upload Og Image
NOTE: All the following fields are mandatory. Moreover, the OG image can be in any format say png or jpg but the dimensions should be less than 512*512.
- The added meta fields can be edited or deleted later on. Refer:
Above, you must have noticed we asked you to upload OG Image. Let’s see what OG Image means:
Just enter your email below to subscribe and receive weekly updates about the most interesting similar articles.
Share article viaSignUp Again
OG: Open Graph
Open Graph is a technology first introduced by Facebook in 2010 that allows integration between Facebook and its user data and a website. By integrating Open Graph meta tags into your page’s content, you can identify which elements of your page you want to show when someone share’s your page.
This was all about adding metadata to the custom seller domain.
You can drop your query/suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org or create your ticket at Webkul UV Desk.