Live Sales Notification for WooCommerce: With the competitive edge that E-Commerce has set for businesses, nowadays, it has become quite imperative for online business entrepreneurs to mark their brand’s demeanor amidst customers.
Moreover, our customers are extremely brand-conscious, they prefer brands and services which are more likely to be popular.
One good tactic to augment the brand’s awareness amongst customers can be notifying them about the live sales of a site.
Live Sales Notification for WooCommerce plugin facilitates the site owners to increase the veracity of their products by displaying sales notifications of a site.
These notifications are visible to the customers on the Shop Page as they make a purchase.
The site owner tends to display notifications for Recent Purchases made by the customers and even for the Ratings that customers drop for any product.
Exhibiting the Live Sales Notifications can prove to be beneficiary as it develops goodwill for the product(s) in other customers’ mind and instigate them to make a purchase.
Likewise, Live Sales Notifications is a “Word of Mouth” and help spread a word for a brand amongst the other customers, thus, adding to some real sales generation.
- This plugin allows the site owner to display recent sales notifications and increase a brand’s credibility amongst customers.
- The admin can choose to display the customer’s name and city on the notifications.
- A display/ delay time duration (in seconds) is set by the admin for the notification popup.
- The admin can select layouts for the sales and review popup notifications.
- Also, the position of the notification can be set as Top-left, Top-center, Top-Right, etc.
- The admin can also choose color variations for notification text, link, background.
- The customers can view the product sales notifications as they make a purchase.
- Notifications for ratings given by the customers will display for other buyers.
- The customer can navigate to the product that displays in the notification.
The user will get a zip file which needs to be uploaded in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel.
For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and in the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option select the “Add New” option.
After this, the user will see an “Upload Plugin” option at the top of the page, click the option to upload the zip file.
On clicking the “Upload Plugin” option, the user will see a “Choose File” button. Click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the image below.
After browsing the file, click on the “Install Now” button so as to install the plugin as per the snapshot.
Once the user installs the plugin, the user can activate the plugin. The user needs to click on the “Activate Plugin” button to activate the plugin.
Admin Permissions: Live Sales Notification
After installing the WooCommerce Live Sales Notification plugin successfully, the admin will find the Live Sales Notification menu option in the admin dashboard.
As the admin taps on the Live Sales Notification menu option, it redirects to the WooCommerce Live Sales Notifications Settings page as shown in the image below.
Furthermore, the admin will find the following three tabs in the WooCommerce Live Sales Notifications page-
- General Tab,
- Sales Popup, and
- Rating Popup.
Let us study configurations under each tab individually.
Initially, the admin has to configure the General settings, under which the configurations for fields such as Module Status, Display Name and City, Display Time (in seconds), etc. is set by the admin.
The admin configures the General settings as under:
Module Status: The admin needs to set the status of the module as “Enable.”
- Name: The admin may choose to display the name of the customer (who purchases the product) on the Live Sales Notification that displays in the frontend.
- City: The admin may or may not display the city name of the customer on the Live Sales Notification.
- Time (Seconds): The time duration (in seconds) for which the live notification shall display.
Delay (Seconds): The time span after which the next Live Sales Notification shall display in the frontend.
Limit: The number of notifications that must display in the frontend.
- For instance, in the above image, the admin has set this field’s value as 5.
- This implies that 5 recent notifications, i.e. 5 product notifications and 5 rating notifications shall display, consecutively.
- At first, the product’s notification will display followed by the ratings notification.
Display on Mobile: The admin can allow live sales notifications on the mobiles as well.
The next tab which the admin has to configure is Sales Popup. The admin configures the fields such as Sales Popup Status, Popup Layout, Position, etc. under Sales Popup.
The configurations under Sales Popup can be set as under:
Sales Popup Status: The admin will have to “Enable” the status of the sales popup.
Popup Layout: The admin may or may not select the layout for the popup, from the layout options present in the dropdown list.
Position: The admin can even set the position of the popup and that’s how it’ll display in the frontend.
Under Popup Styles, the admin can choose color variations for different notification elements, such as:-
- Last Caption, and
- for Background.
On clicking the Preview tab, the admin can see the preview of the notification that’ll display in the frontend.
The third tab which the admin will configure is Rating Popup. Under this tab, the admin configures fields such as Sales Popup Status, Popup Layout, Position, etc.
The configurations under Ratings Popup can be set as under:
Ratings Popup Status: The admin will have to ‘Enable’the status of the ratings popup.
Popup Layout: The admin may choose a layout for the popup, from the given list of options present in the dropdown list.
Position: The admin sets the position of the popup and that’s how it shall display in the frontend.
Under Popup Styles, the admin can choose color variations for different rating popup elements, such as:-
- Last Caption, and
- for Background.
As the admin taps on the Preview tab, a view of the ratings notification popup displays.
Frontend: Live Sales Notifications Visibility
Meanwhile in the frontend, the customers can login and make a purchase in a usual way.
Product Purchase Notifications
Meanwhile, the customers can redirect to the shop page to buy products. They will find popup notification of the sales that have taken place recently.
For instance in the image below, one can view a notification popup in the Top Right corner of the shop page. It displays the name, city, and the product which the respective customer has bought.
The notification also displays the price and the number of visitors who are viewing the product at that point of time.
- Furthermore, the live sales notification displays on the shop page as per the position set by the admin of the site.
Customer Rating Notifications
The notifications regarding star ratings given by different customers will also display while the customer makes a purchase.
As we can see in the image given below, Peter Doe has given 4 star ratings to the product,’Hoodie with zipper.’
Hence, that’s all for the Live Sales Notification for WooCommerce. If you face any issue, feel free to add a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - WooCommerce 3.9.x, 3.8.x, 3.7.x, 3.6.x, 3.5.x, 3.4.x, 3.3.x, 3.2.x, 3.1.x, 3.0.x