Prestashop WordPress blog allows you to display the latest blog posts from WordPress on your Prestashop store. Place WordPress blog’s URL in the configuration settings to integrate the WordPress blogs to your Prestashop store.
Showcase your WordPress blog posts on various store pages to promote your products & services or share anything new about your store.
PrestaShop WordPress Blog module is compatible with PrestaShop 8.x.x
Features of Prestashop WordPress Blog
- PrestaShop WordPress Blog module is MultiShop compatible.
- Display WordPress blog posts on your Prestashop store.
- Select the category of the blogs that you want to display in the front end.
- Show blog posts on home, product, cart, search, and category pages.
- Select the position of blog posts on the store pages.
- Select the number of blogs to fetch from the WordPress site.
- Choose the number of blogs to show on store pages.
- Set the number of blogs to display on “All Blogs” Page.
- Select the display view of the blog as Tiles, List or Slider view.
- Sort the blogs by date and title.
- Display blog image, description, and author’s name on the blog post.
- Display social share option and comment count on the blog post.
- Option to display specific blogs from the selected categories.
- Prestashop WordPress Blog module is MultiShop compatible.
- Display blog page link on header and footer.
- Multiple options to configure the slider view for the display of blogs.
How to Install Prestashop WordPress Blog
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Prestashop WordPress Blog Configuration
After the installation of the module, admin needs to configure it.
The module configuration is divided into four sections:
Prestashop Company ? Find out More
- General Settings
- Position Selection
- Blog Selection
- Slider Settings
Under General Settings, admin can:
- Specify the URL of the WordPress blog whose posts he would like to display on the Prestashop store.
- Select the category of blogs that he wants to display at front end.
- Choose the total number of blogs to fetch from WordPress.
- Set the number of blogs to be shown on the “All Blogs” Page.
- Select the total number of blogs to display on home, category, cart, search, and product pages.
- Choose the blog view as List, Tiles or Slider.
- Enable or disable the display of blog description, images, author, social sharing icons and comments count at front end.
Under “Position Selection”, admin can configure the display settings of blogs. Admin can:
- Enable or disable the display of blogs on home and product pages.
- Choose to display the blogs on footer of category, search, and cart pages.
- Enable of disable the display of “Blog” link on header and footer positions at front end.
Under Blog Selection, admin can select specific blogs from the selected category that he wants to show on the Prestashop store.
Admin can control the display of the blogs, in the Slider using various configuration options.
- Set the blog movement in the slider as an infinite loop.
- Choose to show/hide pager.
- Start with a random blog and set auto-start of slider.
- Option to display the start/stop button on the slider.
- Stop slider movement on hover.
- Configure slider interval, speed and slide movement.
LAYOUT OF BLOGS ON FRONT END
Post-installation, blog link gets available at header and footer positions of the store. Customers can view all the blogs by clicking on this link.
As per the configuration set by the admin for the display of blogs, they will show in the slider as below:
List View for Blogs
Customers can view all the blogs using the “View All Blogs” button.
Customers can filter the blogs on the Blogs page by selecting specific categories.
Also the blogs can be sorted based on the published date and title of Blogs.
DISPLAY OF BLOGS ON FRONT END
Admin can choose to display the blogs on multiple pages of the website as mentioned below:
- Product Page
- Category page
- Search results page
- Cart Page
Further let’s see how the blogs will be displayed on these pages in front end.
As enabled by admin from the back office, blogs will display on the left column and footer of the category page.
As enabled by admin from the back office, blogs will display on the product page.
This was all about the Prestashop WordPress Blog module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.1.1
Supported Framework Version - 8.x.x, 1.7.x.x