Due to the stiff competition in the eCommerce industry, it can be difficult for online retailers to get noticed by potential customers. Designing an attractive website, offering quality products, delivering them on time, may not be enough to generate traffic to an eCommerce store.
Adding blogs to a website is one of the most effective ways to drive more traffic, increase user engagement, and boost your conversions.
Prestashop WordPress blog allows you to display the latest blog posts from WordPress on your Prestashop store. Place WordPress blog’s URL in the configuration settings to integrate the WordPress blogs to your Prestashop store.
Showcase your WordPress blog posts on various store pages to promote your products & services or share anything new about your store.
Features of Prestashop WordPress Blog
- Display WordPress blog posts on your Prestashop store.
- Select the category of the blogs that you want to display in the front end.
- Show blog posts on home, product, cart, search, and category pages.
- Select the position of blog posts on the store pages.
- Select the number of blogs to fetch from the WordPress site.
- Choose the number of blogs to show on store pages.
- Select the display view of the blog as ‘Tiles’ or ‘List’.
- Sort the blogs by date and title.
- Display blog image, description, and author’s name on the post.
- Option to display specific blogs from the selected categories.
- Prestashop WordPress Blog module is MultiShop compatible.
How to Install Prestashop WordPress Blog
- Firstly, go to the module manager in the back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
Prestashop WordPress Blog Configuration
After the installation of the module, admin needs to configure it.
Prestashop Company ? Read More
The module configuration is divided into three sections:
- General Settings
- Position Selection
- Blog Selection
Under General Settings, admin can:
- Specify the URL of the WordPress blog whose posts he would like to display on the Prestashop store.
- Select the category of blogs that he wants to display at front end.
- Choose the total number of blogs to fetch from WordPress.
- Select the total number of blogs to display on home, category, cart, search, and product pages.
- Choose the blog view as List or Tiles.
- Enable or disable the display of blog description, images, and author at front end.
Kindly note that blog description, images, and author will display only if admin has selected “Tiles View” for the blogs.
Under “Position Selection”, admin can configure the display settings of blogs. Admin can:
- Enable or disable the display of blogs on home and product pages.
- Choose to display the blogs on footer of category, search, and cart pages.
- Enable of disable the display of “Blog” link on header and footer positions at front end.
Under Blog Selection, admin can select specific blogs from the selected category that he wants to show on the Prestashop store.
DISPLAY OF BLOGS ON FRONT END
Post-installation, blog link gets available at header and footer positions of the store. Customers can view all the blogs by clicking on this link.
Tiles View for Blogs
As configured by admin from the back office, name, description, and author of the blog is displayed.
List View for Blogs
On clicking “View all blogs” button, A page shown in screenshot below will open.
Highlighted option in the above screenshot are explained below
1) Results per page: This option lets the customer choose the number of blogs he/she want to see on a single page at any time.
2) Sort By: This option enables the customer to sort the blogs in two different ways i.e. by date & by title.
Sort by date will arrange all the blogs from “Recently published” to “Published earlier”.
Sort by title will arrange all the blogs in alphabetical order.
3)Page view: There are two options available in page view i.e Pagination & Scroll.
‘Pagination’ will enable a specific number of blogs to be displayed on a single page then user has to navigate to other pages for accessing other blogs.
‘Scroll’ option will load blogs automatically when a user scrolls down the page.
As enabled by admin from the back office, blogs will display on the left column and footer of the category page.
As enabled by admin from the back office, blogs will display on the product page.
This was all about the Prestashop WordPress Blog module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
Current Product Version - 4.0.2
Supported Framework Version - 1.7.x.x