A pre-order is an order placed for an item which has not yet been released. The idea for pre-orders came when people found it hard to get popular items in stores due to their popularity.
WordPress WooCommerce Pre Order Plugin allows the customer(s) to purchase a product from the store which is currently out of stock. And a customer can even purchase the products which are yet to be released at the store.
The plugin is very flexible in many ways as customers can order the items with multiple stock units with partial payment as well as complete payment if allowed by the admin.
Dear Customers, if you have a question/query, please raise a ticket at webkul.uvdesk.com. We will do our best to answer as quick as it is possible. Don’t give us a low rate without contacting support on the issue you’ve faced with. We are always happy to help you.
Features of WooCommerce Pre Order
- The customer can order out of stock products.
- Works with every type of products like Simple, Downloadable, Virtual, Grouped, and Variable.
- The admin can set preorder status and availability date.
- The admin can set custom amount to be paid for the pre-ordered product.
- By using this plugin customer can either pay the entire amount at once or can pay some of the amount.
- An email notification will be sent to all registered customers for the new pre-order product.
- The email notification will be sent to the customers once the pre-order product gets available in stock.
- The admin can enable/disable the pre order reminder email to all the customers.
- The admin can enable/disable the pre order In Stock reminder email to all the customers.
Installation of WooCommerce Pre Order
The user will get a zip file which he has to upload in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel. For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and Under the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option which brings out a Sub-Menu and then select the “Add New” option.
After this, you will see an option on the top of your page that is “Upload Plugin”, click the option to upload the zip file.
By clicking on the “Upload Plugin” option, below that you will see a button “Choose File” click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the snapshot below.
After browsing the file, click the “Install Now” button to install the plugin as per the snapshot.
Now when the plugin is installed correctly, you will see the success message and an option to activate the plugin. Click on “Activate Plugin” to activate the installed plugin.
Configuration of WooCommerce Pre Order
After successful installation of WooCommerce Pre Order, the admin can configure this plugin under “WooCommerce PreOrder > Configuration”.
Here, the admin will –
- Select the Timezone according to which the time will be maintained for the pre-order products.
- Enable the option ‘Preorder Reminder Email to all customers‘ to send the reminder mail to all the customers else select this option as Disabled to not send the reminder emails.
- Enable the option ‘Preorder Instock Reminder Email to all customers‘ to send reminder email to all the customers when the preorder product becomes In stock else select this option as Disabled to not send the reminder mail.
Lastly, tap the Save Changes button to save the preorder configuration.
Admin End Workflow of WooCommerce Pre Order
Now admin adds pre-order to products. It can be done under “WooCommerce PreOrder > WooCommerce PreOrder List > Add PreOrder”.
All the pre-order products will be available in the PreOrder List.
Product Name – Select Product Name from the list of available product. All out of stock products will be available in the list. Admin can select any of them as per the requirement.
Payment Method – Select payment method as “Partial Payment” or “Full Payment”.
Original Price – Original Price of the product will be auto-filled as per the product price.
PreOrder Price – Enter PreOrder Price if payment method selected as “Partial Payment”.
Quantity – Quantity of product.
Expected Availability Date – Availability date of the product.
Status – Select status as “Enabled” or “Disabled” as per the requirement.
Enable Preorder For Grouped Products
The admin can now enable the Pre-Order for the Grouped products to allow backorders for them.
For Example- There is a grouped product ‘Woo Singles’ with associated products as ‘Woo Single #1’ and ‘Woo Single #2’. Here, the admin first needs to add a Pre-Order for associated product.
Front End Workflow of WooCommmerce Pre Order
After successful configuration, the customer can pre-order a product from the store.
On cart page, the product will be visible as shown in below snapshot. The price of the product will depend upon the configuration. And the customer can place a pre-order as a normal order. Here, the customer can even see the availability of the pre-order product with a countdown timer as well.
Once a pre order product has been added to cart, then a customer cannot add a new product to the cart. A customer has to order a standalone product. If a customer tries to add a new product to the cart despite having a pre order product added in the cart then a message will be displayed as cannot add new product now. Either empty cart or process this first.
Once the product is available in stock the customers will be notified through the mail. Then they can pay rest of the amount of the product.
After placing an order for the pre order product, a customer can check the order details by navigating through My account->Pre order.
On clicking Pre order option, the custom can see the details remaining amount he has to pay.
That’s all for the WordPress WooCommerce Pre Order, still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the plugin better at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 2.1.2
Supported Framework Version - WooCommerce 3.3.x, WooCommerce 3.2.x, WooCommerce 3.1.x, WooCommerce 3.0.x