Send Notifications to the Visitors of Your Site With Odoo Web Push Notifications!
Push Notifications is a type of marketing tool that helps you to send message notifications to the application users to attract them. It helps you to stay in touch with the users. It is the fastest method to announce offers and other messages to attract users. There are various types of push notifications; Web push notifications are also a type of push notifications; it allows you to a sent notifications to the users via mobile web and desktop web. This type of push notification is used to increase the number of visits of the users on regular basis to your website by simply clicking on the push notification. Webkul comes up with the module ‘Odoo Web Push Notifications’ helps you to send instant web push notifications to the visitors to your site.
This module ‘Odoo Web Push Notifications’ uses google firebase to send web push notifications. You can send the fully customizable template to the users of your choice, or to all the users. This module allows you to send notifications to chrome and firefox users. It also stores the registration ids of all the viewers of your site. So, Odoo web Push Notifications is a perfect package to attract customers to visit your website without taking too much time and effort.
- It helps you to send web push notifications to chrome and firefox users.
- It also helps you to send fully customizable templates to the users.
- You can also send notifications to the selected users like Website Users, Odoo users, Public users, Some selected users, or All users.
- It Uses google firebase to send the notifications.
- It Stores all the registration ids of all the viewers of your site
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_web_push_notifications’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then, click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List’.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and then, search ‘odoo_web_push_notifications’.
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it
- Firstly, login to the ‘Odoo Instance’ and go to the ‘Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Templates’ under the ‘Push Notifications’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Create’ button to create a new template for ‘Web Push Notifications’.
- Press the ‘Validate’ button after creating the template so that you will be able to send notifications to the users.
- Click on the ‘Send Notifications’ button to send the notification to the users.
- You can send push notifications to the users of your choice. You can send notifications only to website users, public users, odoo users , selected users or all.
- After sending the notification; message appears on your screen.
- you can also schedule notifications for sending the notification to users on the special events by simply clicking on the ‘Schedule Notifications’ button. Set cron scheduler settings as per the requirement.
- Go to the ‘Registered Browsers’ under the ‘Push Notifications’ menu. Here’ you can check all the registered browser keys.
- Go to the ‘Configuration’ under the ‘Push Notifications’. Copy Paste the Firebase Project Api key and Config Object in the respective column and Click on the ‘Apply’ Button.
Create Firebase Project For Odoo Web Push Notifications
- Click on ‘Add a Project’ to create new project.
- Press the ‘Continue’ button after creating the ‘project’.
- Click on the ‘Settings Icon’; go to the ‘Project Settings’.
- Go to Cloud Messaging; Copy Server key; Paste this Server Key in the configuration of Push Notification.
- Create a web app under this firebase project. Fill the details of web aap then click on Register App button.
- Copy the mentioned script and Paste it in the configuration of push notification.
Odoo Web Push Notifications View
- Odoo Web Push Notification appears on the Screen.
USER GUIDES FOR OTHER MODULES
Searching for an experienced
Odoo Company ? Read More
Was this guide helpful? Please share your feedback in the comments below.
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for reading!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V14, V13, V12, V11, V10, V9
Leave a Comment