NOTE: This user guide defines the workflow of the Odoo POS Kitchen Network Printer. To know the workflow of the base module, kindly check the User Guide of Odoo POS Network Printer.
Odoo POS Kitchen Network Printer for quick kitchen receipts!
In a confectionary or any mini food store, customers require tokens to get the desired products. Also, the tokens or receipts must be delivered to the salesperson, which collects the same order number from the Kitchen. But usually, there is no token system in the kitchen which cause order mixup.
Therefore to send orders directly to the kitchen and avoid order mixups, you need a module that sorts this problem.
Odoo POS Kitchen Network Printer solves this problem. It authorizes the POS user to install a network printer in the Kitchen and automatically print the POS receipt before order validation. Moreover, the module doesn’t require a POSBox for printing the receipts.
Odoo Company ? Read More
Moreover, the module uses ECS/POS network printer with a QZ tray Client to print orders.
NOTE: Odoo POS Kitchen Network Printer Module works in conjunction with the following module:
You must install this module first for Odoo POS Kitchen Network Printer to work precisely.
- The Odoo app configures ECS/POS network printer with Odoo POS Kitchen
- It automatically sends the print command to the set kitchen network printer through the QZ Tray client.
- The module eliminates the need for the POSBox to connect a printer.
- It allows the POS user to print kitchen receipts without POSBox.
- The module further permits direct access to the printer with the print button on the form view.
- The Odoo app makes receipt printing convenient with ECS/POS Network Printer.
- Odoo POS Kitchen Network Printer permits adding printed product categories in the Odoo backend.
- It authorizes you to change the status of the POS Kitchen Network Printer.
- It has three network printer statuses: Disconnected (Red), Waiting for a Connection (Yellow), and Connected (Green).
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘pos_kitchen_network_printer.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘pos_kitchen_network_printer.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
Let’s begin the configuration of the Odoo POS Kitchen Network Printer.
1. Go to ‘Point of Sale> Configuration> Network Printers> Create.’ once you install the module.
2. Enter the printer name and the ‘POS Product Category’ list in the Payment Product Categories on the new page.
3. Next, move to the POS Settings from the POS home page by clicking the three-dot menu, or you can access them from ‘Configuration> Settings.’
4. On the setting page, locate and tick the ‘Network Printer’ option and enter the Printer name. After that, tick the box next to ‘Kitchen Network Printers (and select the network printer) and Order Printer (Select the printer).’
5. Once configured, go to the POS session and add the product to the cart. After adding the product to the cart, it will highlight the ‘Order’ button upon adding a product from the configured ‘POS product category.’
OTHER ODOO POS MODULES
- Odoo POS Custom Messages
- POS Advanced Product Ordering
- Odoo POS Multiple Receipts
- Odoo POS Wallet Management
- POS Stock Double Validation
- Odoo POS Forced Questions
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 16, 15, 14