Handle logistics conveniently with Odoo DPD Shipping Integration!
Logistics plays a crucial role for businesses, especially e-commerce stores. How they will be delivered to customers’ locations and by which channel?
DPD is one of the best delivery services around the world. They are known for their efficient and quick delivery system. So, how it will help in your Odoo?
Odoo DPD Shipping Integration brings DPD shipping services to your website. Moreover, customers can select the shipping service while placing the order from the Odoo website.
In addition, the Odoo app works for the Odoo backend and website. The Odoo admin and customers can choose DPD as a shipping method for secure and fast deliveries.
Odoo Company ? Find out More
- Odoo DPD Shipping Integration allows placing orders from the Odoo website and backend.
- You can use the Odoo app for both domestic and international order delivery.
- The order delivery type depends upon the opted DPD shipping service.
- It generates a DPD shipping label in real time with just a click.
- The module also generates the shipment tracking number for the order.
- You can cancel the shipment from the backend.
- Set default values for various fields using the default configuration to save time.
- It picks values while generating DPD shipments in Odoo.
- Change desired fields directly from the delivery shipment form.
- You can set default values for fields such as product weight, DPD Packaging, UoM, etc.
- Choose the type of services availed from DPD among the given options.
- Or you can create a new service type according to your requirements.
- You can set the customer type as custom or commercial.
- Select custom for non-contract shipping and commercial for contract shipping.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘dpd_delivery_carrier.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘dpd_delivery_carrier.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
CONFIGURATION AT ODOO END
1. Go to the ‘Sales> Configuration> Shipping Methods’ and select the DPD shipping method. In the form, enter the basic details and move to the ‘DPD Credentials’ tab.
Add ‘DPD Username, EPRI Number, DPD Password, and IOSS Number’ generated from the DPD end.
2. Add the ‘Delivery Setting and DPD SHipping Information’ in the ‘Extra’ tab.
PLACING ORDER FROM ODOO WEBSITE
3. Open the Odoo website, go to the product page, and add it to the cart. Move to the ‘Confirm Order’ page and select the DPD Shipping method.
4. From the My Account section, you can check the shipping status of the order.
ORDER VALIDATION AND DELIVERY
5. Navigate to the backend, open the order, and confirm it. Click the ‘Delivery’ option to open the delivery form. Validate the order details and click the ‘Put in Pack’ button.
6. Fill the details in the Package Details popup wizard.
7. Once done, click the ‘Validate’ button.
8. After that, the system will generate the tracking reference number and DPD label.
9. Also, it will generate the ‘Tracking’ for the package which you can check according to requirement.
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the same, please raise a ticket at the UV Desk.
For any doubt, contact us at our support mail.
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Odoo 16, 15, 14