Placed the order for multiple items but want to expedite the delivery of a specific item without placing a separate order. OR, want to get the fragile items delivered separately from others? The Odoo Shipping Per Product plugin provides the option to get the items in the same order delivered through different delivery methods. It allows your customers to select a different delivery method for each product in the same order at the checkout. The customers can split the delivery of the items without splitting the order.
Moreover, the admin can also assign individual delivery services to each product in the sales order. You can add various delivery methods to a specific product or add multiple products to a particular delivery method. These will appear as the shipping options for that product on the order confirmation page.
- Odoo Shipping Per Product enables you to assign different delivery methods for each product in the same sales order.
- Customers can select a different delivery method for each product in the same order at the checkout on the website.
- Adds a new delivery method- ‘dynamic delivery method’ in the Sales Order order form.
- The module allows the admin to add delivery methods to the product to show as shipping options for the product on the website.
- Once you have purchased the module from our Webkul store, you will receive a link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘shipping_per_product’.
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode. You can activate the developer mode by typing ‘debug’ after ‘web?’ in the URL as well.
- Now, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List‘.
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘shipping_per_product’.
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
- Once the installation is completed, open the Sales tab and follow the path Products>>Products.
- Now, open any product from the list as shown.
- After that, click on the Inventory tab on the product form view. You’ll be able to see a new tab- ‘Delivery’ at the bottom of the page.
- Here, you can add different delivery methods for the product and these methods will show up on the checkout page for the customer to choose from.
- After that Navigate to Configuration >> Shipping methods.
- Alternatively, you can also add products to a particular delivery method to choose from on the order confirmation page.
- Here, open any delivery method. Under the tab- products, you can add the product(s) you wish to deliver through this method.
- To place a sales order on the backend, go to Sales >> Order >> Create.
- Add the items to the order lines and add shipping methods for the products as shown.
- A pop-up appears asking you to choose a delivery/shipping method for each product.
- Now, in the Shipping method choose the ‘dynamic delivery Charges’. Select the same or different delivery method for each product in the same order. Then, click on Get Rate.
- After that, you can see the total shipping cost has been added to the order line. Fill in the rest of the details and place the Sales Order.
- Notice! On the top right corner of the Sales Order form, the system generates two delivery operations as you selected two different shipping carriers for the respective items in the sales order.
- You can also view individual delivery methods for each product under the delivery option itself.
- Go to the website. Choose the products you wish to buy, add them to your cart, and proceed to the checkout page.
- Now, on the order confirmation page, you will be able to see the shipping options available separately under each product. Here, you can select a different delivery method for each product in the same order.
- The total shipping price will be the sum of the individual delivery methods for each item.
- Fill in the rest of the details and place the order. And Done!
OTHER RELATED MODULES FOR ODOO
- Odoo Marketplace Advertisement Manager
- Marketplace Advance Commission
- Odoo Marketplace Custom Product Tabs
- Odoo Marketplace Seller Slider
If you have any issues/queries regarding the module please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Did you find the guide helpful? Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
For any doubt contact us at [email protected].
Odoo Company ? Find out More
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - Odoo V15, V14, V13