Manage Accounting Efficiently with Odoo Xero Connector!
Xero is one of the most popular accounting software packages around the world, with over 3 million subscribers. It allows you to handle all your accounting data, including invoices, payments, taxes, payment conditions, and expenses.
On the other hand, for business management, Odoo is one of the top software solutions for successfully managing all your business processes. Wouldn’t that be amazing if the most acceptable accounting solution is combined with the best business management solution?
Odoo Xero Connector is the best solution for your accounting and business management needs. The module allows you to efficiently import and export all the necessary data to manage the account.
Also, it provides you with a centralized dashboard to analyze the data with graphs. Moreover, it helps you to navigate to particular mappings or settings.
Odoo Company ? Read More
NOTE: Odoo Xero Connector works in conjunction with the following module:
Odoo Multi-Accounting Solution
First, you must install this module in your system for the Odoo Xero Connector to work correctly.
- You can easily connect your Odoo with Xero.
- With the cron, you can import the data at the scheduled time.
- Import accounts, customers, products, orders, invoices, and payments.
- Similarly, it allows you to export accounts, customers, products, orders, invoices, and payments.
- You can manually map Odoo to Xero entities.
- Track All The Connected Xero Instances from the Dashboard.
- The dashboard helps you to check the details from a single place.
- The module also helps you to easily navigate to particular settings or mapping.
- Once you purchase the App from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. As a result, you will be able to see a folder named- ‘odoo_xero_connector.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo Apps and then click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on the ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘odoo_xero_connector.’
- As a result, you will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
CREATING XERO DEVELOPER ACCOUNT
1. To begin with, you first need to create a ‘Xero Developer Account’ by clicking on ‘Sign Up’ at https://developer.xero.com.
2. Now, fill in your details, verify the captcha, accept the terms and conditions, and click ‘Next: Confirmation.’
3. In the next step, you’ll receive a mail on your account click on the link present in the mail.
4. The mail will open a new tab on your browser where you have to ‘Activate your Account’ by creating a password and clicking activate your account button.
5. Next, enter your business details and click the ‘Start Trial’ button.
6. Once the trial starts, Xero will ask you to secure your account with ‘Multi-Factor Authentication.’ First of all, click the ‘Set up multi-factor authentication.’
7. Now, choose an authentication app. I have used Xero Verify.
8. Follow the steps mentioned on the screens and click ‘Continue.’
9. On the next page, either ‘Add Backup email or Add Backup Security Questions.’ Once done, click the ‘Submit’ button.
10. On the next page, Click ‘Continue.’ And you will log out of the account automatically.
CREATING API FOR CONNECTION WITH ODOO
11. Now, log in to your Xero developer account, and visit the mentioned link https://developer.xero.com/app/manage.
12. Next, click the ‘New App’ button on the new page.
13. In the pop-up, enter the ‘App Name’ select integration type (Web app will be the default), Company or Application URL, Redirect URL, accept the terms and conditions, and click the ‘Create App’ button.
NOTE: Remember to add ‘/omas’ at the end of the redirect URL. For example: www.odoo-dev.com/omas
14. Once you create the app, go to ‘Configuration’ and copy the ‘Client ID and Generate a Secret ID.’ This client ID and secret ID will let you connect Odoo with Xero.
CONFIGURING AT ODOO END
15. Firstly, log in to the Odoo backend and go to ‘Odoo Multi-Accounting.’ On the dashboard, you can view all the stats of imported and exported data and various charts and mapping data.
Here, click ‘Instance.’
16. On the next page, click the ‘Create’ button.
17. Now, enter the ‘Instance Name,’ and in the ‘API Credentials’ tab, enter the ‘Client ID, Client Secret Key’ that you copied from Xero’s configuration tab.
NOTE: The redirect URL on Odoo and Xero end should be the same.
18. Next, move to the ‘Configuration’ tab and enter the details. Also, set the API limit, choose ‘Currency Code,’ and select other attributes.
NOTE: To regulate and import/export data, Xero has set an API call limit that you can know by clicking here.
19. In the ‘Order State Mapping’ tab, click ‘Add a Line’ to add state mapping details.
20. Next, go to the ‘Crons’ tab, enable the required cron, and select the date. After that, click the ‘Save’ and ‘Connect Button.’
21. Clicking connect will redirect you to the Xero login page, and if already logged in, it will ask you to ‘Allow Access’ to connect.
IMPORTING AND EXPORTING DATA
22. After connecting, You will have three options:
22.1. Fetch Organizations- This option will let you fetch organization data present at the Xero end.
22.2. On successfully fetching, the following pop-up will show on the screen.
23. Now, click the ‘Import’ buttons, choose the ‘Instance and Object,’ and click the ‘Import’ button.
23.1. On successful import, you will see the pop-up with import details.
24. After that, click the ‘Export’ button, select ‘Instance and Object,’ and click the ‘Export’ button.
MAPPING THE IMPORTED AND EXPORTED DATA
25. Once done, click the ‘Mappings’ menu to view all mapping options.
26. Click on any Mapping options to view its data. Also, clicking on it will show all its mapped details.
OTHER ODOO CONNECTOR MODULES
- Odoo Akeneo Connector
- Opencart Odoo Connector
- Odoo MailJet Connector
- Odoo QuickBooks Online Connector
- Virtuemart Odoo Connector
- Shopify Odoo Connector
Hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Also, please explore our Odoo development services & an extensive range of quality Odoo Apps.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version - 1.0.1
Supported Framework Version - V15, V14, V13
Leave a Comment